Re: [India-Force] Lok Sabha Speaker's accusing Judiciary is totally uncalled for

  • Atul Desai
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      BUT PLEASE REMEMBER AFTERALL THEY ARE ELECTED BY US THEY REFLECT THE MIND SET OF US IN GENERAL AS SIMPLY CONTINUE TO SAY IN WORDS ONLY AND NOT IN DEEDS!!

      tsm9in <tsm9in@...> wrote:
      I would like to to remind Mr Chatterjee that he is just an arrogant overfed over attended and an ordinary person who has no contiribution to society or literature or knolwege or ethics of any worth.
      He should so be reminded he is just a bloody public servant appointed by us for a temporary period to serve the society and take decisions for people who put him there.he should stop thinking that he is a lord and separate entity and reporting directly to heavens and still to her majesty the queen of england.That is the mental miondset of Most of them like arjun Singh or an IAS officer.These ifdiots have made mockery of demcoracy and indian constitution and are out enjoying luxuruous life and funb at cost of poor peple of this country.they should feel ashamed.That is what they have done to this country in last 50 years as it tqands to day.Shame Shame.
      He has no right to criticise Judiciary being a simple public appointed servant and should mind his business in parliment session management only.He has been doing all these silly things this in past too.I think he has gained too much fat(cherbi). It needs to be taken out.CJI should put him behind bar for defamation of judiciary and making unwarranted remarks.Who the hell he is to decide?It is we people of India who will decide who has what pwoers.Cosntitution is not above us it ia book written by us under our orders .We can also change this constitution which is merely a document written by some people whom we appointed for the job.He is a non entity and can leave parliament.It wil be good riddance.How long he will hang around?We dont need him.People like him are liability on society and public exchequer.He should now pass remaining life in Vanaparasthaashram and retire to some deep woods.Meanwhile he should come to parliament in cycle rickshaw that he deserves.It will help environemnt of delhi being clean a bit.
      All these polticians including PM should understand that they are no more chamchas of British Queen appointed in India,they are simply public servants appointed by the supreme body of india even above constitution, which is merely a guide book-We the people of India.
      Don't challenge us too much or they all will have bad time ahead.They should start behaving as modest public servants or simply go to hell.We don't need them.Can Man Mohan resign please? We have seen his economic expertise and administration enough.We no more need him.

      Dear friends

      Latest unhealthy development—now Lok Sabha Speaker, Somnath
      Chatterjee stepped into the shoes of HRD Ministry and Centre in
      dictating terms to the Judiciary. Delivering the K.N. Katju Memorial
      Lecture on "Separation of Powers under the Constitution and Judicial
      Activism", and, ironically, asked the judiciary to remind itself that
      the latter's task does not include an amorphous supervision of the
      government, right in the presence of the Chief Justice of India—who
      was sharing dais with him. He further said that "nowadays there have
      been umpteen number of cases where judiciary had intervened in the
      matters entirely within the domain of the executive, including policy
      decisions despite Constitution according pre-eminent position to the
      Legislature" .

      The answers lie in Lok Sabha Speaker's questions alone. Simply
      because, for quite some time by now—since UPA Government came to
      power, as the government at the Centre has been a miserable failure
      in finding solutions to the various problems of the people, I
      strongly feel and experience that the judiciary under duress, had to
      intervene to come to the rescue of the people, as it is strongly
      believed and conceived that this is the only organ of the country on
      which people can bank upon, having lost confidence in the other two
      organs—Executive and Legislature. I may mention here that there
      might be a few corrupt judges, which is insignificant in number
      compared to the rampant corruption in the executive as well as the
      legislature.
      We fully endorse Chatterjee's contention that in a democracy
      executive authority must be and is accountable to the people. But
      the biggest unanswered question is whether the executive authority is
      doing its duty with conviction and belongingness? As is known to
      everyone, it is not. As the executive authority has miserably failed
      to contain the unabatedly deteriorating situation relating to various
      problems faced by the people in various spheres of administration,
      judiciary is forced to come into picture and not that they have ample
      time to take into their fold more cases / issues at a time when there
      are many cases languishing in the courts due to the inaction,
      unhelpful attitude and corrupt practices of the various civic
      authorities and the police force—who are always with the rich,
      powerful and the influential and are causing utmost injustice to the
      innocent, poor and the downtrodden people in the country.
      Chatterjee's questioning the accountability of the judiciary is
      totally unwarranted and is unbecoming of his stature and hitherto
      nobody has posed such an unwarranted question.

      Chatterjee's lament that judiciary has strayed into executive domain
      intervening even in the matters like—nursery admissions, supply of
      drinking water and identifying buildings to be demolished, is totally
      ridiculous and should be brushed aside totally, as he has to accuse
      the government—with whom the latter is also associated one way or
      the other, over this and certainly not the judiciary.

      Government has made mockery of the nursery admissions and miserably
      failed to check the various schools that are granting admissions as
      per their whims and fancies to the rich—collecting exhorbitant
      fees without even allowing the common man's children in the
      vicinities of the schools, not to talk of giving admissions.

      Government has miserably failed in supplying drinkable and safe
      drinking water to the people and in most of the areas of Delhi the
      water supplied is so harmful that even animals cannot survive after
      consuming such water.

      Then coming to the demolition of the buildings—the MCD and DDA have
      become corrupt to the core, who collected hefty amounts of bribes
      from the public and allowed unauthorized constructions to take place
      in the most haphazard way totally defacing this heritage city and the
      National Capital, throwing all the building norms to winds. What
      action did the government, which constitutes executive and
      legislature, take? It is, therefore, highly ridiculous that
      Chatterjee, instead of taking a dig at the government, is accusing
      the judiciary—using the world "interfering" , in this matter. For
      me, it looks like that there is something extraneous, other than
      these issues on which he found fault with judiciary, at the back of
      his mind. Perhaps he is upset over SC's decision against the OBC
      quota. If that is so, that is also government's mistake in relying on
      1931 census for getting 27 per cent reservations to OBCs and failing
      to supply the information required by the SC so also failing to do
      the required home work.

      Chatterjee's telling that "of late judiciary has become very active"
      is very right to the extent that the government has miserably failed
      on all the spheres of administration. It is worth mentioning here
      that till the end of the NDA rule, more or less, it did not become
      necessary to the Judiciary to intervene precisely because during its
      regime, as far as we remembers, the problems have never reached to a
      point of no return and this feature is noticed only in the rule of
      the UPA Government.

      It is high time that Mr. Chatterjee stopped thinking that he is the
      Head of the whole country, is indispensable and is unquestionable and
      appreciated the Judiciary for coming forward to render help to the
      government as well as to the people, instead of taking a dig at the
      Judiciary, which would prove to be very unhealthy and totally
      detrimental to the interests of the Nation and the people as well.
      It is suggested that he should spend his words in a more useful
      manner by advising the executive and the legislature to do their
      duties properly to arrest inviting this kind of a situation.
      Precisely, he should change his stance, tone and tenor forthwith.
      The fact that government's failure alone gave rise to the
      intervention of Judiciary, in various matters of the so called
      executive and legislature, should not be forgotten.

      Regards

      T.S. Murthy
      New Delhi

    • Panna Lal Nawalkha
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2007
        MR SOMNATH CHATTERJEE HAS DENIGRATED THE OFFICE OF SPEAKER OF LOKSABHA

        DR.P.L.NAWALKHA