Re: Digest Number 132

  • ASnowPath@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 1999
      Just watched the video "Emma" for the second time and enjoyed it even more
      than the first time. Gwenyth was a perfect Emma I thought. The whole
      production was so well done - the sets especially the interior sets were so
      beautiful.
      Read Emma Thompson's diary which she wrote during the filming of "Sense and
      Sensibility" and I enjoyed it so much that I'd like to see the movie again.
      Her journal notes on the production vividly describe the experience of
      bringing the novel to life on the screen. (Also recently read that she is
      dating the man who played Willowby in the movie - Greg Wise.) What a great
      cast that was!
      Saw a little of Romance Channel's "Mansfield Park" and was not comfortable
      with their Fanny. She seemed to be overacting - making lots of faces and eye
      movements were exaggerated. Disappointed since she is one of my favorite
      characters. (a great example of modesty).
      Cathy