"Emma" film adaptations

  • gretnatreeboard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      I have seen both the Gyneth Paltrow version and the adaptation with Kate Beckinsale.
      Does anyone want to comment on which one they like?

      Angela in Gretna, NE
    • Jeanne Stapleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
        --- gretnatreeboard <drogheda12@...> wrote:

        > I have seen both the Gyneth Paltrow version and the
        > adaptation with Kate Beckinsale.
        > Does anyone want to comment on which one they like?
        >
        > Angela in Gretna, NE

        I've had this forever...

        I like them both. The Kate Beckinsale version is
        truer to the text, and has a more accurate if less
        likable Mr. Woodhouse. There are lots of things I
        love about the Gwyneth Paltrow version, including
        Jeremy Irons, who I think is a better Mr. Knightley;
        the music; and Ewan MacGregor. :-)

        Jeanne

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.