Hope you can help me

  • Sandra Griffiths
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hi guys.
      I am trying to write a novel about Jane and I
      just wanted to get a few facts cleared up. I have read Claire
      Tomalin's biograpghy of Jane twice now, and I think it is terrific.
      Just one thing I want to know is one which date did Jane's father pass
      away. I know it was in 1805, but I am sure that it doesn't say the
      exact date. I want to know this as it is sort of the starting point of
      my story.
      Another query I have is about the 2 romances in her life. Everyone who
      love Jane and has read her bios knows about her "relationship" with
      Tom Lefroy and how he was whisked away from her by his family to marry
      a wealthier woman. But there is alot of enigma surrounding the story
      of her meeting a man while on vacation with her family. Apparently he
      had to go away for a while but promised to return before the end of
      their holiday. But then she received news of his sudden death. This
      apparently shattered Jane as she thought she had finally met her "Mr
      Right". That is so sad. But I do wonder who she considered to the
      love of her life...Tom Lefroy? Or this anonymous, faceless gentleman?
      What do you all think?