Re: [JaneAusten] Digest Number 411

  • Carol Mitchell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003

      JaneAusten@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/BVjolB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Jane Austen Theme Party
      From: "Rebecca"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:47:59 -0000
      From: "Rebecca"
      Subject: Jane Austen Theme Party

      Hello,

      My name is Rebecca and I am brand new to this group. I'm sorry if
      this message is a repeat -- I just wrote one and then it seemed to
      disappear without being posted. So I'm giving it another try.

      My daughter will be turning 16 in a couple of weeks and she wants to
      have a Jane Austen theme party. I would be very grateful for any
      suggestions, especially regarding games, but food also. I would also
      like some inexpensive ideas for coming up with a costume -- the girls
      have all decided that they want to dress up, and I don't have
      anything for my daughter to wear.

      We will be watching P&P, breaking it up into 1-1.5 hour segments, and
      doing various games and activities in between.

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

      Do you sew? There are a large number of regency-era patterns available. Or you might check on e-Bay-many people are putting good quality costumes up for auction. Smoke-and-Fire has a lovely white dress (1803)but it costs $107 on sale, which is probably more than you want to pay.

      Carol

      Carol Mitchell listowner costumemidwest@yahoogroups.com
      Come to the Chicagoland Costumer's Guild Halloween costume party/Anniversary celebration in Mount Prospect, IL 11/2/03 www.chicostume.org
      We are running the masquerade(costume contest) at Windycon November 7-9 in Schaumburg. There will be two costume parties, one with an alien theme, one with a prize for silliest hat. www.windycon.org