opinions

  • er71479
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2002
      I have recently written a thesis on Austen's Emma and female
      friendship. I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on
      the matter. Specifically, I wrote about Mr. Knightley's role as the
      proponent of marriage, which historically opposes female frienships.
    • Erin L Marsh
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2002
        Hello! I am new to this group. . . . .

        Would you mind elaborating on this topic?? I guess I am not sure exactly what
        you mean about marriange being an opponent to female friendships. . . . .. .

        -Erin

        From: er71479 <er71479@...> on 02/10/2002 04:34 AM GMT

        Please respond to JaneAusten@yahoogroups.com

        To: JaneAusten@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject: [JaneAusten] opinions

        I have recently written a thesis on Austen's Emma and female
        friendship.  I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on
        the matter.  Specifically, I wrote about Mr. Knightley's role as the
        proponent of marriage, which historically opposes female frienships.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        [IMAGE]

        [IMAGE]

      • Tom Stephenson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2002
          HELLO!
          This sounds like an interesting topic of conversation for this list!!
          TCS
          .

          >-Erin
          >

          >From: er71479 <er71479@...> on 02/10/2002 04:34 AM GMT
          >
          >Please respond to JaneAusten@yahoogroups.com
          >
          >To: JaneAusten@yahoogroups.com
          >cc:
          >Subject: [JaneAusten] opinions
          >

          > I have recently written a thesis on Austen's Emma and female
          >friendship. I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on
          >the matter. Specifically, I wrote about Mr. Knightley's role as the
          >proponent of marriage, which historically opposes female frienships.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > [IMAGE]
          >

          > [IMAGE]

        • Jeanne Stapleton
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 21, 2002
            --- er71479 <er71479@...> wrote:
            > I have recently written a thesis on Austen's Emma
            > and female
            > friendship. I would be very interested in hearing
            > your opinions on
            > the matter. Specifically, I wrote about Mr.
            > Knightley's role as the
            > proponent of marriage, which historically opposes
            > female frienships.

            Why do you say that marriage historically opposes
            female friendships?

            Jeanne

            Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
            http://movies.yahoo.com/