A new Polk biography availble on 8th April

  • Evelyn Radecke
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2008
      Hi, fans,

      I just got aware that on 8th April the book "Polk, the man who
      transformed the Presidecy and America" by Walter R. Borneman will be
      available. 448 pages! Yippieh! At last something substantial that tells
      the whole story, and not just two thirds, as Sellers. Hope it will not
      only discuss the transformations, but also the man.

      A look at the cover made me hope that it is rather pro-Polk, as it
      shows JKP's most flattering portrait. I'll pre-order it right on
      tomorrow and hope I get it with less than two weeks delay.

      You may bet that I'll devour it.

      Kind regards

      Evelyn
    • Ken S
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
        That looks like an interesting book Evelyn. I wasn't aware it was out
        and looked for it online. It isn't being released here until April but
        for some reason it's already been released in Germany. I hope it
        proves to be a good read.

        -Ken

        --- In James_K_Polk_Appreciation@yahoogroups.com, "Evelyn Radecke"
        <e.radecke@...> wrote:

        > Hi, fans,
        >
        > I just got aware that on 8th April the book "Polk, the man who
        > transformed the Presidecy and America" by Walter R. Borneman will be
        > available. 448 pages! Yippieh! At last something substantial that tells
        > the whole story, and not just two thirds, as Sellers. Hope it will not
        > only discuss the transformations, but also the man.
        >
        > A look at the cover made me hope that it is rather pro-Polk, as it
        > shows JKP's most flattering portrait. I'll pre-order it right on
        > tomorrow and hope I get it with less than two weeks delay.
        >
        > You may bet that I'll devour it.
        >
        > Kind regards
        >
        > Evelyn

      • Evelyn Radecke
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
          Hi,

          when I talked to the Lady in my bookshop she knew nothing of the
          book, but took my preorder and swore she'd get it for me as soon
          possible. So the book cannot be released in Germany. I noticed that
          one of the great German book-wholesalers had listed it, but only to
          allow preorders. So I will not be ahead of my co-fans across the
          ocean, but must be glad if I'm not too far behind.

          So long

          Evelyn

          --- In James_K_Polk_Appreciation@yahoogroups.com, "Ken S"