In the works

  • fitzjamie1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7 4:25 PM
      After the success of "...Two For The Show,..." (winner of Chicago's
      After Dark Award - Best New Work) there is a new project in the
      works. An original comedy with detectives, spies and ukeleles. And a
      dame. My writing partner Mark Rector and I will be having a reading
      by the beginning of March. Watch the Files section for working
      drafts and let us know what you think!

      FLATFOOTS
      A uke-dunnit by James FitzGerald and Mark Rector

      Scenario
      Two down-on-their-luck fellows with a yen for the uke show up to
      wallpaper the office of a famous detective. A beautiful woman
      mistakes them for professional shamuses and hires them to find her
      long-lost twin sister, who is in the grip of a pair of master
      criminals. Madame Fong and Professor Otto von Gerdlescheim are
      smuggling a shipment of exploding ukuleles to the US navy at Pearl
      Harbor, Hawaii, in the waning days of 1941. Can the boys save the
      girls − and the fleet?