"Salome" opens Saturday

  • fitzjamie1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2008
      Salome

      by Oscar Wilde
      June 12 - 28, 2008

      The Charity Randall Theatre
      Directed by Alan Stanford
      Original music composed and performed by Roger Doyle

      Daring in its originality and profound in its achievement, this study
      in obsession is a temple for our fantasies let loose in a torrential
      rain of language that burns in the mind. Until now, the once-banned
      Salome has been obscured by the popularity of Wilde's comedies. But
      this exhilarating new production, directed by legendary Irish actor
      and director Alan Stanford, recreates Salome for a modern audience.
      Composer and pianist Roger Doyle will join Stanford in Pittsburgh and
      perform his acclaimed improvised musical score.

      Cast: Ben Blazer, Lissa Brennan, Jarrod DiGiorgi, James FitzGerald,
      Jim Mezon, Catherine Moore, Doug Pona, Jennifer Tober, Paul Todaro,
      Nicole Underhay, David Whalen, and Kate Young

      Design Team: Zachary Brown (Sound), Gianni Downs (Scenic), Nicole
      Ellis (Lighting), Pei-Chi Su (Costumes)

      Visit our Media Sponsor at www.wduq.org!

      Performance Dates and Times:

      First Week: Thursday – Friday, June 12 – 13, Previews, 8
      p.m.
      Saturday, June 14, Opening Night, 8 p.m.
      Sunday, June 15, 2 p.m.
      *post-show talk-back with the actors, Sunday June 15 after the show

      Second Week: Tuesday, June 17, 7 p.m.
      Wednesday – Saturday, June 18 - 21, 8
      p.m.
      Sunday, June 22, 2 p.m.
      *Artistically Speaking, Wednesday June 18 at 7 p.m. Sponsored by
      UPMC *Behind the Scenes,
      Thursday, June 19 at 7 p.m.

      Third Week: Tuesday, June 24, 7
      p.m.
      Wednesday – Friday, June 25 – 27, 8 p.m
      Saturday, June 28, 2 p.m. and 8
      p.m.
      *Audio-descriptive performance Saturday, June 28 at 2
      p.m.

      Ticket Prices:
      Wednesday and Thursday Nights, and Matinees: $41 Adults, $37
      Seniors
      Friday and Saturday Nights: $45 Adults, $40
      Seniors
      Opening Night: $47 Adults, $42 Seniors
      Previews: $33 (all seats, no Senior
      discounts)
      Youth, 25 and Under: $17 all performances

      For Tickets, call ProArtsTickets at (412) 394-3353
    • Loring Murtha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008

        Hey Jim,

        Sorry to say I won't be able to make any of the shows, but I at the very least I wanted to check in and say hello.  Hope everything is going well... sounds like you'll be busy for the next few weeks, but if you get a chance give me a ring one of these days - wouldn't mind catching up a bit.

        Break a leg!

        -L