compiler warning request ...

  • Stef Mientki
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2003
      hi JAL developers,

      I had a nasty error today:

      <JAL>
      var byte temp

      assembler
      movlw temp ;this loads the address of temp in W
      ;but I meant to get the value that
      temp holds into W
      ;so it should have been
      movfw temp ;
      end assembler
      </JAL>

      I could have seen this error in the color-coded editor, but I overlooked it.
      (The error would probably not have occured, when I had knew Javi's
      "tail-chain calls" before ;-)
      In some very rare cases, it might be nice to be able to get the address
      of a variable,
      but most times it's not what you want.

      So my question is, is it possible for the compiler to generate somekind
      of warning,
      in cases where the address of a variable (in assembler) is used ?

      thanks,
      Stef