Target memory assigment

  • japus10
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hi all,

      All of you know by recent posts in jallist that actually it's
      impossible to "reserve" a RAM area, avoiding the compiler to use it.
      Just because the user wants to use via indf, or just because there's
      no phisical memory implemented.

      In jal sources, the target-memory assigment comes from a simple
      counter and a array. Should be interesting to enhance this, for
      example by taking this out from the sources and adding it to the pic
      declaration file (pargmas).

      Our tasks:

      - Add new token/pragma section in scanner/parser.
      - Modify the target memory assigment, adding new function
      for our purposes.
      - Modify the chip.jal files with the new features.

      I want to know your opinion, suggestions, comments, etc.

      Javi.
    • Eur van Andel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
        rOn Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:22:16 -0000, "japus10" <japus11@...> wrote:

        > All of you know by recent posts in jallist that actually it's
        >impossible to "reserve" a RAM area, avoiding the compiler to use it.
        >Just because the user wants to use via indf, or just because there's
        >no phisical memory implemented.
        Well, since JAL doesn't touch any RAM in page 1..n this is not a real problem.
        If you really need RAM, you'll have to acces higher banks anyway.

        > In jal sources, the target-memory assigment comes from a simple
        >counter and a array. Should be interesting to enhance this, for
        >example by taking this out from the sources and adding it to the pic
        >declaration file (pargmas).
        >

        > Our tasks:
        >
        > - Add new token/pragma section in scanner/parser.
        > - Modify the target memory assigment, adding new function
        > for our purposes.
        > - Modify the chip.jal files with the new features.
        >
        > I want to know your opinion, suggestions, comments, etc.
        It might be an idea to be able to specify memory area's the compiler may not
        touch. This may come in handy in the 18F's.

        --
        Ir. E.E. van Andel, Fine Wire Heat Exchangers, Fiwihex B.V. www.fiwihex.com
        Wierdensestraat 74, NL-7604 BK Almelo, The Netherlands eur@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
          I'd like very much this feature! (I'm having trouble because of this lack)
          Thank you very much to everyone who works for this!