Re: [Jal_developers] Re: [jallist] Re: assertion failure, bug in 4.54, 4.55

  • Mark Gross
    Message 1 of 14 , May 24, 2003
      On Saturday 24 May 2003 11:11, Craig Franklin wrote:
      > I removed rtllibrary.c a few days ago. It was an empty file. A comment
      > said its data was moved to another file. This is an inherent problem
      > with having multiple build setups.

      Thats ok, its not a big deal.

      > Not sure about the debug build. If you mean "./configure
      > --enable-debug", that still works.

      Its an MSVC'ism, that isn't fixible through the config scrips. Its also not a
      big deal. I'll fix it monday, I bet I broke the debug msvc compile when I
      cleaned up the padantic link warnings a few days back.

      --mgross

      > On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 08:51, Mark Gross wrote:
      > > I just double checked the behavior of the Linux GCC, Cygwin-GCC and the
      > > MSVC build of the the CVS tips and they all assert in codegen.c.
      > >
      > > Only it now asserts at line 717.
      > >
      > > Also, I see that the MSVC jal.dsp file now refrences a rtllibrary.c file
      > > that doesn't exist, and the Debug build fails to link looking for
      > > check_stack.
      > >
      > > I'll need to fix these Monday.
      > >
      > > --mgross
    • Javier Martinez
      Message 2 of 14 , May 25, 2003
        Hi

        I don't know the reason, but the other day I compiled it as "4.54". Compiled
        now as "4.55" and fails in those 2 lines.

        Still working on it, but I've noticed a similar bug:

        <JAL>
        var bit y
        var byte x, b, preset
        x = 10
        b = 5
        preset = 4
        b = ( preset + 5 ) - x -- Note the op_minus
        </JAL>

        > error: assertion failure in codegen.c line 787
        > file 'test2.jal' line 12 char 20
        > : b = ( preset + 5 ) - x

        This: "y = ( preset ) >= x" compiles OK, so the bug is in statements
        similar to: A = ( B op C ) op D (JAL try to translate this to "D op (B op
        C)", but here's a problem with op_minus, op_larger, etc.). And this is not in
        "codegen" (but the error raises here), must be in "squasher" or "realloc" ... in
        those files that were modified by me.

        Bug is still pending.

        Javi.