Interrupt faster ?

  • Stef
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 7:34 AM
      hi JAll,

      I'm still working on the SM-bus (Simple Measurement Bus, it's a pure
      coincidence that these are also my initials ;-).
      At the moment I've good results with async 115kB, but as some pointed
      this might not be reliable at the long term.

      Uptill now I found 2 ideas which might offer a good solution
      - asymmetrical Manchester decoding (but I doubt if 100kBaud @4MHz can
      be achieved)
      - dynamic calibration

      But now I've found another time limiting JAL feature: Interrupts.

      Using an interrupt procedure in JAL, it takes 4+11 instruction cycles
      before your own code is executed.
      (the 4 instruction cycli are from the hardware interupt recognition)
      In the examples of Microchip only 4+4 instruction cycles are necessary.
      And I think, for some specific tests, it can be reduced even further by
      2 or 3 instruction cycli.

      So my questions / remarks
      1 does anyone know a way to increase the speed of interrupt entrance ?

      2. If 4 instructions is enough according to Microchip, please put it on
      the wishlist for the new version of JAL.

      Stef