Re: Bug CVS tips if nibble < 10 then ... doesn't work.

  • japus10
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hi Rob,

      > >> file 'Test_Javier.jal' line 53 char 13
      > >> : c = ( 10 < number )
      > >> : ------------^
      > Compiler error?
      >
      > Note: 4 JAL-compilers generated with different C-compilers (incl
      GCC)
      > give the same output.

      It's not the C compiler, It's the JAL compiler. Test it with
      0.4.50, with 0.4.53 and current cvs. Comment the bugs and compile
      again, will give you all the faults (that is, the commented lines).
      Note that those bugs are the just the inverse ones in 0.4.50, that's
      why I don't post the bugs and only the test file to detect them.

      The key is in the direction of the operator, currently (up today)
      it isn't equal in JAL compiler:

      c = ( 10 < number )
      and
      c = ( number > 10 )

      The same for <= and >=. And remember the operator that work in
      0.4.50 don't work in 0.4.54 (and viceversa).

      Regards, Javi.