Re: JAL , OS X Compile

  • Eur van Andel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 05:22:58 -0500, Artly There <at2004@...> wrote:

      >I am very sorry to bother you with this, but I followed your very kind
      >OS X G4 JAL directions, made the two corrections to the 2 files
      >(manually, outside of the terminal), yet I still get this error (either
      >as root, or as admin). I get this if the 2 errors mentioned are
      >corrected or not, and If I am logged in as root, or admin.
      weird. You did ./configure it first, right? as in:

      iMacDiane:~/jal root# ./configure

      I believe I left that out of the original instructions :-(

      Run this before any make stuff.

      My G5 arrived TODAY. It will be a while before I have transfered all these
      mails to it, but my next postings will come from a Bill-Free computer.

      >Making all in jal
      >if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
      >-DJAL_LIB_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/jal/lib\" -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic
      >-MT assemble.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/assemble.Tpo" -c -o assemble.o
      >assemble.c; \
      >then mv -f ".deps/assemble.Tpo" ".deps/assemble.Po"; else rm -f
      >".deps/assemble.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
      >cpp-precomp: could not open 'assemble.o'
      >gnumake[2]: *** [assemble.o] Error 1
      >gnumake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
      >gnumake: *** [all] Error 2
      >

      >I do not understand the problem exactly? This is OS X 10.2.8, G4 Dual,
      >867, and this is with the 4.62 version, JAL.
      >
      >Is there a built version of OS X JAL available somewhere, for the
      >Terminal-ly challenged people?
      No, there isn't. The JAL source and distribution is Posix compatible. Since
      there is no GUI, it makes no sense to distribute executables.

      >> 2) have iTunes blasting some hits in the backround from the timeframe
      >> when you
      >> were a teenager. We need the top most part of your brain, the bottom
      >> part is
      >> best distracted with heavy beats.
      >
      >This is very funny. :) This is surely why assemble.o refuses to
      >cooperate. No iPod.
      >
      >The only assemble.o listing I can find is this in the file assemble.Po,
      >line 1:
      >
      >assemble.o assemble.o: assemble.c stdhdr.h ../config.h jalcomp.h \
      >
      >There is no file named assemble.o though , within the sourceforge JAL
      >release.
      Again, run configure.
      --
      Ir. E.E. van Andel, Fine Wire Heat Exchangers, Fiwihex B.V. www.fiwihex.com