Re: [Jal_developers] 16F88 Code Size

  • Tim - K1BR
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2004
      On Saturday 28 August 2004 06:32 am, Stef Mientki wrote:
      > > (a 4K part). So I went ahead and changed target_last_rom to 0xFFF,
      >
      > Is this a "pragma" statement ?

      No, the change was made in the compiler source code. For the 16F88, It's line
      1306 in parser.c for 0.4.60.

      > And if is is there also a pragma to change the data-romsize ?

      That can be changed in source code as well, of course. I don't know of any
      pragmas for the purpose. Not a bad idea though, seeing as there are so many
      PICs not directly supported. Just let folks define their own PIC by tweaking
      the supported definitions.

      > (I like to use target=628 for all my pics, because of the small
      > generated code size)

      I haven't filled the full 4K on the F88 yet, but when I do, I'll be taking a
      closer look at pclath-fixup. It seems to work, but with some limitations that
      need addressing.

      Regards, Tim