RE: [Jal_developers] Re: Support for 10F2xx series

  • Brian Schmalz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2004
      Javi,
      Thanks! That seems to have worked pretty darn well. I now have a
      PIC12 library and a 10F200_int_4_int_mclr.jal include file that appears to
      generate valid assembly code.

      It looks like there are just a few things that need to be done
      before I can get working code:

      1) The compiler is allocating storage in memory locations that don't exists
      in the 10F200 part. (i.e. location 8,9, etc.) Where does that information
      (the available memory locations) get put and how does the compiler access
      it?

      2) There are lots of extra
      bcf 3,5
      Assembly instructions before gotos. Those are unnecessary for this family of
      part and take up very valuable ROM space. Is there a way to suppress these?

      Any ideas on these?

      *Brian

      P.S. What compilers are supported (out of the box, so to speak) with the
      code currently in CVS? When I try to compile under MSDevStudio 6.0 with the
      Dev Studio project, I get warnings and errors.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 26, 2004
        Hi Brian,

        > .. I now have a
        > PIC12 library and a 10F200_int_4_int_mclr.jal include file that
        > appears to
        > generate valid assembly code.

        Please can you attach the files here? In this way we can include them
        for all.

        > 1) The compiler is allocating storage in memory locations that don't
        > exists
        > in the 10F200 part. (i.e. location 8,9, etc.) Where does that
        > information
        > (the available memory locations) get put and how does the compiler
        > access
        > it?

        OK. I see it in datasheets, 0x08..0x0F are unavailable. In a first
        try by declaring some fake type byte vars. But I'm afraid that this
        should be done by compiler itself.

        > 2) There are lots of extra
        > bcf 3,5
        > Assembly instructions before gotos. Those are unnecessary for this
        > family of
        > part and take up very valuable ROM space. Is there a way to suppress
        > these?

        Status<5> is unused here, but eats rom space. Sorry, I'm afraid that
        this will need a patch to JAL, and will be not for tomorrow since must
        be checked all files.

        > P.S. What compilers are supported (out of the box, so to speak) with
        > the
        > code currently in CVS? When I try to compile under MSDevStudio 6.0
        > with the
        > Dev Studio project, I get warnings and errors.

        Theoretically you've the files, but I can't help you too much. I use
        MinGW to build the win32 package. Please report the errors, perhaps we
        have a chance to solve it.

        --
        Regards,
        Javi.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2004
          Javier,
          OK, I've uploaded the two new files to a new folder in
          jal_developers called Brians_Files. Check them out and see if you see
          anything I've forgotten.

          Can you give me a quick instruction on how to compile Jal with
          Mingw? I downloaded the Mingw installer, installed it on my windows machine,
          and tried to follow the INSTALL document in the Jal directory, but when I
          tried ./configure I got a "'.' is not recognized as an internal or external
          command" from the DOS box. Normally I used MSDevStudio, but it can't seem to
          compile the current version of Jal source that's in CVS. Or maybe I'm just
          doing something wrong. :) Anyway, I'd love to be able to compile Jal - any
          hints?

          Thanks a ton-

          *Brian