Fwd: Note from Janie; updating DNA Project and Special Price break

  • imjaniejac@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8 7:25 PM
      Hi Folks,
      I am forwarding the notice below to all my genealogy email addresses in hopes of spreading the news.  Please forgive me if this reaches you twice!  The Jackson Project at FTDNA is one of their largest and most successful projects with around 300 members.

      The former administrator, Evyonne Eddins, has resigned, Don Jackson has moved up to administrator, and Mike Jackson and I have newly signed on as co-administrators.  Really, I have only been updating the site and Mike has been learning the genetics and regrouping the formerly 'unassigned' members.  It now has all the information available posted and all the members are assigned to groups.  Of course, some groups have more information than others.  A LOT depends on the level of marker testing ordered and the uplines supplied by the members.  Those of you who have said that the FTDNA site wasn't being updated, should now go to the newly re-formatted results page to see the new look.  This is the URL for the whole Jackson Project, not just the Hempstead line:

      The Hempstead line (Group B) has had such success with this that you can tell, I've become an advocate of DNA testing.  Administrators are not employees of the lab.  We are volunteers who do this in an effort to help other Jacksons interpret their results and find their connections.  It is a way to give back to the genealogy community and is a pleasure to do.  BTW, we are in need of a volunteer to work with the NEW Family Finder test and the mtDNA tests.  Please consider volunteering if you have a bit of extra time and a desire to learn about these tests.

      So please read the following email about the special summer pricing and spread the word to your genealogy friends.  This price special is good for all surname projects, not just Jackson!  There is also special pricing for those who have tested somewhere else and want to compare their results with those tested at FTDNA.

      Janie Jackson Kimble

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8 8:37 PM
        Thanks to all for your efforts.

        Hi to Mike.  I have missed our communications.

        Woody Williams