James Jackson

  • trellys
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 10:27 AM
      Can anyone tell me about the James Jackson b.abt 1828 Alabama with
      wife Elizabeth b. Alabama on the 1860 Lamar Co.,Texas Beat 5 census.
      Children listed are Wm A 10 -b. MS, Winston M. 8 -b.MS, Sarah A 6 ,
      J A 4 and Susan Ann Lyle 20 b. AL

      This family is living nest to M V Mosley 24 and wife Marthenia 21

      Who are the parents of James Jackson? Any information would be
      appreciated

      Trellys Erwin
      Coppell, TX

      trellys@...
    • Janie
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2009
        Mary, I'm sorry to be so slow to see your question :( Yes, James married twice but as far as I know, no one knows Abigail's maiden name. I read somewhere that James was chided by his Quaker brothers for marrying again so quickly after his wife's decease. But with that many children in the household, I shouldn't blame him! A transcription of his full will is here:
        http://www.jacksonfamilygenealogy.com/pages/WillJamesJackson.htm