Howwwwwwwwdy Ya'll !!!!!!!

  • F Wilson (Bubba) Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2007
      It looks like I'm the newest member to The Jackson Genealogy Group and as you can tell I'm NOT from the north. I'm a born and bred Texan and lived here all my life. Anyway enough for the introduction. It's time to get down to business. I am not only a Texan but a direct descendant of ;

      Vincent Jackson B.1775 Fauquier, VA. D. 1850 Greene, TN./
      m. Mary "Polly" Glasscock B.1778  D. 1840 Greene, TN.

      Now Vincent is the son of;
      Joseph Jackson B. 1750? Fauquier, Virginia D. 1818 Fauquier VA./
      m. Nancy "Ann" Sanford Carroll B. ? Fauquier VA. D. ?

      There were a lot of Joseph Jacksons in Virginia in his lifespan and to few records so there are a lot of different opinions out there about when Joseph was born and who his parents were. The main reason I joined the group was to see if we can't figure it out!!!! I would like to share and compare information with any of you that are also descendants of Joseph and Vincent, especially any direct male descendants who would like to compare DNA.

      Sincerely,
      Bubba Jackson

    • ifs@hiwaay.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2007
        Welcome.

        The best source of Jackson info, especially in Virginia, I have located is the
        Library of Virginia, Richmond, VA. The records are extensive. I suggest
        joining the Library.

        Oct 2004, I joined the Library and I spent 2-days there obtaining a portion of
        the Jackson records for one county.

        Woodrow (Woody) A. Williams