Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Myrtle Beatrice Jackson

  • Bob Mitchell
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      Thanks for the replies on Myrtle Jackson, the lady who asked about her is in the process of joining our group.  She is SharonGurley2003@...
    • Sharon Gurley
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
        Good Morning everyone! So glad to have found family! I have been
        trying to compile a family tree since I was 16 and have hit brick wall
        after brick wall. One great thing is I have found many first cousins
        through the message boards and you can't beat discovering family. I
        have searched my whole life for a picture of Myrtle. She died in 1946
        when my mother was 2 and noone seems to have any pics. Her father was
        George Washington Jackson and Myrtle was the oldest of the children
        from the 3rd marriage to Eva Sizemore. All together George had over 20
        children and I have only seen pictures of 6, so they are out there,
        just having trouble finding them! I believe Myrtle may have went by a
        nickname and that is why I can't find any info on her. There were 3
        children by her that I have found so far, they are Judy, Brenda and
        Donnie Mitchell Jackson. If you have anyone in your tree that had
        children they had to give up for adoption and different family members
        took them this is probably her! I've noticed they were all given up
        before she died (she was only 26) so I'm wondering, given the year, if
        maybe she had a soldier husband or if she joined herself? A Yates
        distant cousin adopted Judy, a sister Ruth adopted Brenda, and a first
        cousin Hatcher adopted Donnie. I have never been able to locate a
        death certificate but have been to the Keeble Cemetary where most of
        these Jackson's are buried. I have received lots of pictures from the
        new cousin's if anyone would like them! I have also heard rumors
        (rumors are awful lol) that the Robert Mitchell may haved owned a
        store/gas station later.

        --- In Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Mitchell"
        <bob.mitchell@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the replies on Myrtle Jackson, the lady who asked about
        her is in the process of joining our group. She is SharonGurley2003@...

      • JERALD GROSS
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
          Welcome to the family.  Always glad to have find others interested in the Jackson family history.  I descend through the Edward and Martha (Miller) Jackson branch.

          Jerry

        • Sharongurley2003@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
            Wow!  I also have Miller's through my father's side!  The family tree on that side was done in very fine detail by my aunt, let me know if there is anything I can get for you on that line!