Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Donatioin status for the Jackson Y-DNA project

  • Mary Ann Theiss
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      John, there have been complaints about the General Fund. An idea was
      submitted from a potential donor to establish a "Scholarship Fund".
      Periodically (suggested every 2-3 months) to use to help members upgrade
      their 12 or 25 markers. This would be of help to all members. Matching
      gifts from the FTDNA expired on 12/31/04. To send contributions to the
      general fund for this project use the following link.
      http://www.familytreedna.com/contribution.html
      The General Fund information will not be put back on the Jackson site due to
      the complaints that have been received.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        Mary Ann

        What kind of complaints? Bring it out in the open. There was still money in
        the fund after the assignment of dollars to pay for Frank M. Jackson's 25
        marker test. And why would anyone donate to a fund that is not transparent?
        The fund was of great benefit to the descendants of the Hempstead Jacksons,
        this is how we proved that Benjamin was a descendant of James and Rebecca
        Hallet Jackson.

        Very confused?

        Jack Mc

      • Mary Harkey Russell
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          Confusion here too. How many complaints compared to the number of us who
          are on the group and who might want to contribute in future?
          I am sure that since I have contributed as have others, that if there was a
          fund and someone needed an upgrade to prove their line, that those of us who
          did prove our line would be most gracious in helping.
          There are always those who complain in any group of people.
          Mary Harkey Russell
          Maryiola@...
          http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird