Proven pedigree from Benjamin Jackson b. 1719 Queens Co., NY?

  • John McAnally
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
      Bob
      I have a file from you "Benjamin and Mary Rushing Jackson Lineage" dated
      3/38/05 and your comment that it is a working file on the above family. Also
      I have downloaded the GEDCOM from Ancestry.com that was also yours. Are
      these proven pedigrees or does your working file nomenclature mean they are
      best guesses.
      I would appreciate what you have or what anyone has that is proven from
      our participants Luther, Charles Dale: and the men on the other Jackson
      project Bob, and Tim back in time to the last ancestor that that we have
      positive proof for.

      Jack McAnally
      Volunteer Co Administrator on the Jackson & McAnally Y-DNA Surname Projects
    • John McAnally

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
          Jack,

          These files are as advertised. They are best guesses that I have compiled
          from other GEDCOMs, some research on my own, etc. The link from Benjamin
          Jackson of Anson Co., NC/Chesterfield Co., SC has not been proven to James
          Jackson/Rebecca Hallett.

          Bob
        • John McAnally
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
            Bob
            What I am asking about, are the links from Benjamin to the participants
            proven?

            Jack McAnally
            Volunteer Co Administrator on the Jackson & McAnally Y-DNA Surname Projects

            >From: "Bob Mitchell" <bob.mitchell@...>
            >To: <Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Proven pedigree from Benjamin Jackson b.
            >1719 Queens Co., NY?
            >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:41:47 -0600
            >

            >Jack,
            >

            >These files are as advertised.� They are best guesses that I have compiled
            >
            >from other GEDCOMs, some research on my own, etc.� The link from Benjamin
            >
            >Jackson of Anson Co., NC/Chesterfield Co., SC has not been proven to James
            >
            >Jackson/Rebecca Hallett.
            >

            >Bob

            >Please visit the Jackson DNA Project Website at:
            >
            >http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Jackson/

            > American family home insurance
            >

            > American family home insurance company
            >

            > American family home owner insurance
            >

            > Genealogy
            >

            > Multi family home for sale
            >

            > Single family home for sale

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > �Visit your group "Jackson_Genealogy" on the web.
            >�
            >�

          • Bob Mitchell
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
              Jack,

              To the best of my knowledge, the links from this Benjamin Jackson of Anson
              Co., NC to: Stephen; Edward; Benjamin, Jr.; David and Jesse are links that
              have been proven or at least are generally accepted. The link to Jonathan
              is has not been proven, but is my opinion based upon land records,
              geographic locations, census and taxables list and other records. All of
              the other sons listed can be linked to this Benjamin Jackson with the same
              documentation. Thus far in my research a Last Will and Testament for
              Benjamin Jackson has not been found, if one even exists. Certainly this
              would be a "smoking gun." Property transfers and witnessing of these
              documents and others link all of these men together. Many records from this
              area of NC and SC were destroyed during the Civil War. I have not seen
              anyone claiming to have a Family Bible Record of this family. So, I guess
              the answer to your question depends upon your definition of proven:-)

              There are descendants of Stephen, Edward, Jesse and David in our email group
              and some of the information in my files was supplied by these folks.

              Bob
            • Mary Harkey Russell
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
                I am of the same line that Luther is.
                What I have is a proven line back to Stephen the blacksmith often called
                Killing Stephen. Then we have a firm belief with a little evidence that
                Benjamin Jackson was Stephen's father .
                What we don't have is proof that Benjamin father of Stephen was the same
                Benjamin that was the son of James Jackson and Hallett.
                Only Y-DNA will tell.
                My web page has my Jackson genealogy on it but I would be happy to mail or
                Zap anyone a file.
                I must tell you that Friday, I am traveling to California to visit my
                daughter and family. If I don't wash into the sea from the rain they are
                having, I will return and get back to genealogy on January 16th.
                Mary Harkey Russell
                Maryiola@...
                http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird
              • John McAnally
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
                  Thank you Mary, that is what I was looking for. So we have some evidence
                  that Stephen is a son of a "Benjamin". And we have the other branches with
                  Bob, Charles and Tim that appear to be of the line from a David Jackson-is
                  this a proven lineage? And what is the status of this David's relationship
                  to Benjamin? Here is the reason for all of this probing.

                  Here is my concern. Unless someone has a firm proven paper trail to Benjamin
                  we may be chasing the wrong lineage. I am the least knowledgeable of the
                  group because I am a Johnnie come lately. What got me here on this project
                  is the relatedness to Darrell Jackson and the validity of that relatedness
                  was proven by both the 34/37 match and the uniqueness of our marker
                  signature which is within the haplogroup "I".This twofold evidence convinced
                  FTDNA that I was a Jackson and allowed me to then start up my own Jackson
                  Project prior to merging with Mary Ann's. My haplogroup has been proven as
                  "I" by FTDNA and further the research done by academics has indicated that I
                  am "I1c" which is most probably Viking. This means that Luther, Charles,
                  Bob, Tim and Darrell are all also "I1c" because we are related. If you look
                  at the supposed ancestors of the Benjamin that is the son of James and
                  Rebecca Hallet Jackson they seem to go back to the 1600's in England proper.
                  This is a doubtful ancestry for an "I1c" haplogroup person and I would have
                  expected a scenario similar to Evyonne's lineage that goes back to the
                  Borderlands of the British Isles rather than England proper. That is not to
                  say that it couldn't have happened but with no more evidence than we have
                  for the connection to Benjamin of the Hallett/Jackson line it is something
                  to consider. And since we have been so unsuccessful in recruiting such a
                  person maybe we should widen our efforts.

                  What other lineage beside the Hallett/Jackson line might we be related
                  to?What other directions can we go in to recruit possible relatives?

                  Jack McAnally
                  Volunteer Co Administrator on the Jackson & McAnally Y-DNA Surname Projects

                  >From: "Mary Harkey Russell" <maryiola@...>
                  >To: <Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Proven pedigree from Benjamin Jackson b.
                  >1719 Queens Co., NY?
                  >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:33:37 -0600
                  >
                  >I am of the same line that Luther is.
                  >What I have is a proven line back to Stephen the blacksmith often called
                  >Killing Stephen. Then we have a firm belief with a little evidence that
                  >Benjamin Jackson was Stephen's father .
                  >What we don't have is proof that Benjamin father of Stephen was the same
                  >Benjamin that was the son of James Jackson and Hallett.
                  >Only Y-DNA will tell.
                  >My web page has my Jackson genealogy on it but I would be happy to mail or
                  >Zap anyone a file.
                  >I must tell you that Friday, I am traveling to California to visit my
                  >daughter and family. If I don't wash into the sea from the rain they are
                  >having, I will return and get back to genealogy on January 16th.
                  >Mary Harkey Russell
                  >Maryiola@...
                  >http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird
                  >

                  >Please visit the Jackson DNA Project Website at:
                  >http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Jackson/
                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Mary Harkey Russell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
                    I know that Bob Jackson had every step of his genealogy Proven. Written
                    in concrete. He wouldn't accept anything he didn't have proof for. I
                    don't know what got him so angry that he cut himself off from the rest of
                    us. It seemed to me he found out something he didn't like. Don't know what
                    that was? I have proof back to Stephen enough to join the DAR but I haven't
                    .
                    If we do find a male descendant from James and Rebecca we will get the
                    answer and if the haplotype is in doubt we could have that man's tested.
                    I found such a man on GenServ he claimed decadency from James and Rebecca,
                    I wrote to him, telling him that it might be possible for him to get a free
                    ydna test and described it to him and why we would want it, but I never got
                    a reply .
                    I have not seen another line which would match up as well as the aJames
                    Jackson line.
                    the names Benjamin , Stephen and Robert, who went into SC/NC are those of
                    their younger sons. Benjamin was born at the proper time to be the father
                    of my Stephen. It is known that the elder Stephen had a son Stephen and we
                    knew for years that there were 3 men named Stephen . It all fits so well
                    that I can't help thinking that is the right line.
                    The connection with Viking could have been very early while the connection
                    in England later.
                    In my Harkey line we have way over 12 generations in Germany, we are
                    Caucasian.. the haplotype is E2 which is African.
                    Hope we find someone to test soon.
                    Mary
> [...]
                    >>Benjamin Jackson was Stephen's father .
                    >>What we don't have is proof that Benjamin father of Stephen was the same
                    >>Benjamin that was the son of James Jackson and Hallett.
                    >>Only Y-DNA will tell.
                    >>My web page has my Jackson genealogy on it but I would be happy to mail or
                    >>Zap anyone a file.
                    >>I must tell you that Friday, I am traveling to California to visit my
                    >>daughter and family. If I don't wash into the sea from the rain they are
                    >>having, I will return and get back to genealogy on January 16th.
                    >>Mary Harkey Russell
                    >>Maryiola@...
                    >>http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird
                    >>

                    >>Please visit the Jackson DNA Project Website at:
                    >>http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Jackson/
                    >>Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >>

                    > Please visit the Jackson DNA Project Website at:

                  • John McAnally
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
                      Mary
                      Thanks for the education, I'm serious, those are things that I did not
                      know about the situation. It looks like I should spend more energy looking
                      for the Hallet/Jackson descendant, right?

                      Jack McAnally
                      Volunteer Co Administrator on the Jackson & McAnally Y-DNA Surname Projects

                      >From: "Mary Harkey Russell" <maryiola@...>
                      >To: <Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Proven pedigree from Benjamin Jackson b.
                      >1719 Queens Co., NY?
                      >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:32:17 -0600
                      >

                      >I know� that Bob Jackson� had every step of his genealogy Proven.� Written
                      >
                      >in concrete.� He wouldn't accept anything he didn't have� proof for.� I
                      >
                      >don't know� what got him so angry that he cut himself off from the rest of
                      >
                      >us.� It seemed to me he found out something he didn't like. Don't know what
                      >
                      >that was? I have proof back to Stephen enough to join the DAR but I haven't
                      >
                      >.
                      >
                      >If we do find a male descendant from James and Rebecca we will get the
                      >
                      >answer and if the haplotype is in doubt we could have that man's tested.
                      >
                      >I found such a man on GenServ he claimed decadency from James and Rebecca,
                      >
                      >I wrote to him, telling him that it might be possible for him to get a free
                      >
                      >ydna test and described it to him and why we would want it, but I never got
                      >
                      >a reply .
                      >
                      >I have not seen another line which would match up as well as the aJames
                      >
                      >Jackson line.
                      >
                      >the names Benjamin , Stephen and Robert, who went into SC/NC are those of
                      >
                      >their younger sons.� Benjamin was born at the proper time to be the father
                      >
                      >of my Stephen. It is known that the elder Stephen had a son Stephen and we
                      >
                      >knew for years that there were 3 men named Stephen . It all fits so well
                      >
                      >that I can't help thinking that is the right line.
                      >
                      >The connection with Viking could have been very early while the connection
                      >
                      >in England later.
                      >
                      >In my Harkey line we have way over 12 generations in Germany, we are
                      >
                      >Caucasian.. the haplotype is E2 which is African.
                      >
                      >Hope we find someone to test soon.
                      >
                      >Mary

                    • Bob Mitchell
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 5, 2006
                        Jack,

                        Jody Dillard had information from an elderly family member that indicated that the Anson Co. Jackson line of Benjamin Jackson was connected to the James Jackson line of New York.  There was no hard copy documentation but rather an oral history from the family members that the original Jackson's from this line migrated from New York to North Carolina. Originally there were two brothers, Benjamin and Stephen who came to Edgecomb Co in the early to mid 1700's and then moved on to Anson Co.  With this in mind, I set out on a quest to prove that this Benjamin was in fact the Benjamin who was a son of James Jackson and Rebecca Hallett.  Further, I felt that Stephen Jackson was a brother to Benjamin.  I have documented this movement with Land Grants and Property Transfers, i.e., Grants made in Edgecomb Co. to Benjamin and later records of the sale of this property.  I have also found documents that show Benjamin Jackson receiving Land Grants in Anson Co. NC in and around the Pee Dee River Valley which was then in southern NC near the SC border.  Stephen Jackson was also a recipient of grants in that same area, in fact some of the land joined.  At this point in time Edgecomb Co. was seemingly the "jumping off point" or "transition point" for further movement to the west or new territories.  Edgecomb Co was very large and was later sub-divided into several other counties.  Anson Co. was also very large at that time and in fact included what is now known as Tennessee and part of what is now northern South Carolina.  As the populations increased the territories were sub-divided and boundaries changed.  Example, the original grant to Benjamin Jackson was in North Carolina, but after a redrawing of boundaries in the early 1760's, his property wound up in what is now Chesterfield Co., SC.

                        Aug 1744, John Philips of Edgecombe County to Thomas Boatright of Edgecombe County,  8 pounds 6 shillings 8 pence current money of Virginia,  250 acres on the main run of Elk marsh all houses, out houses, buildings, stables, etc.  part of a patent to Edward Poor,  4 Aug 1741. Wit: Philip Hurst, Stephen Jackson  Reg. Edgecombe County,  Feb. Court. 1744  R. Forster C. Ct.

                        Aug 1744, Captain Joseph Lane of Edgecombe County to Stephen Jackson and Benjamin Jackson, 3 Apr 1744,  50 pounds current money of Virginia, 280 acres more or less on the east side of Beech Swamp  Wit: J. Edwards, Robert Warren  Reg. Edgecombe County,  Aug Court 1744, R. Forster County. Ct.

                        20 Aug 1746, William Gulledge of Edge. Co. to Abraham Hill of Edge. Co., 20 Aug 1746  50 shillings current money of Va.  50 acres more or less, joining the sd. Gulledge, the sd. Hill, Hill’s branch and Beech swamp.  Wit: Benjamin Jackson, William Kinchen.”  Reg. Edge. Co. Aug. Ct. 1746.  R. Forster C. Ct.

                        The extracts above place a Benjamin and a Stephen Jackson in Edgecomb Co by at least 1744.  The extract below shows Benjamin Jackson in Anson Co. or at least owning property in Anson Co.

                        5 Apr 1749, North Carolina Land Grantt No. 567 - Benjamin JACKSON, 200 Acres, Issued September 30, 1749, Book No. 10, Page No. 170. Entered April 5, 1749. Location: On the S side of PEE DEE and on both sides of THOMPSONS Creek.  Anson County, Warrants, Surveys, and Related Documents 1-909, Secretary of State, Land Grant Office, North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh, NC Microfilm No. S 108.399

                        The following extract shows the sell of the Edgecomb Co. property that was owned jointly by Benjamin and Stephen Jackson.  Please note that the acquisition of the property in Anson Co. in the month of April was followed by the sale of the Edgecomb Co. property the next month.

                        May 1749, Stephen Jackson and Benjamin Jackson of Edgecombe County to William Goodwin, 19 Nov 1748, 40 pounds current money of Virginia, 280 acres on the east side of Beech swamp, joining Miery branch and the swamp.  Wit: Thomas Davis, Samuel Brown X his mark  Reg. Edge. Co. May Ct. 1749  B. Wynns C. Ct.

                        Over the next 14 years I have extracts that show land transfers, witness of documents, etc that place Benjamin Jackson and Stephen Jackson in Anson Co., NC.  The 1763 Taxables List shows the following Jackson men in Anson Co., NC:

                        1763, Anson County, NC, List of Taxables for the year 1763.

                        Benjamin JACKSON

                        John JACKSON, Sr.

                        John JACKSON, Jr.

                        Stephen JACKSON

                        At this point there are clearly 4 Jackson men in Anson Co., NC.  The Benjamin and Stephen seem to be a little clearer in my mind that the two John Jackson's.  Is one of these John Jackson's another brother of Benjamin and Stephen?  Is the younger John Jackson a son of the elder or simply a younger John Jackson?  Is one of the John's a son of either Benjamin or Stephen?  Sorting out the son's of these men seems to be the most difficult task yet.  As far as proving these Jackson men are the same Benjamin and Stephen that are the son's of James Jackson of New York, it is only a guess.  But, based upon presumed ages of these men, the story handed down to Jody Dillards relatives along with the movement patterns, the lack of any history from any other source regarding Benjamin and Stephen Jackson s/o James Jackson of New York, it seems logical that these men are in fact the sons of James Jackson.  I will not get into the Johns and Jonathans in this diatribe as it has a life of its own and is much more complicated than the Benjamin and Stephen line.  If anyone is interested I will be glad to share my opinion on this later.

                        One other clue that might tie Benjamin and James together is the similarity of community involvement, leadership within the community and actions within the community.  Both were prominent men and apparently well respected within the community.  Example, James was appointed referee to help determine boundaries in New York, Benjamin was appointed to help lay out the boundary between North and South Carolina in his area.  Seems like same type of person with similar values and skills.  Hopefully, you can now see how I have come to my conclusions and best guesses with regard to the Jackson's of Pee Dee River Valley and Thompsons Creek.

                        Bob Mitchell

                      • Mary Harkey Russell
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 5, 2006
                          I think finding a "Proven" male Jackson descending from James Jackson and
                          Elizabeth Hallett should be our primary goal.
                          We have gone as far back on paper as we can reaching Benjamin. Only a Y-dna
                          test will tell us if we have reached THEIR Benjamin. At that point, if
                          there is no match we can wipe the slate clean and start looking for some
                          other Jackson family. Surely there are male descendants of a man who had 17
                          children. Love to all , Mary Russell
                          > Thanks for the education, I'm serious, those are things that I did not
                          > know about the situation. It looks like I should spend more energy looking
                          > for the Hallet/Jackson descendant, right?
                          >

                          > Jack McAnally
                          > Volunteer Co Administrator on the Jackson & McAnally Y-DNA Surname
                          > Projects
                          >

                          >>From: "Mary Harkey Russell" <maryiola@...>
                          >>To: <Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                          >>Subject: Re: [Jackson_Genealogy] Proven pedigree from Benjamin Jackson b.
                          >>1719 Queens Co., NY?
                          >>Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:32:17 -0600
                          >>

                          >>I know that Bob Jackson had every step of his genealogy Proven. Written
                          >>
                          >>in concrete. He wouldn't accept anything he didn't have proof for. I
                          >>
                          >>don't know what got him so angry that he cut himself off from the rest of
                          >>
                          >>us. It seemed to me he found out something he didn't like. Don't know what
                          >>
                          >>that was? I have proof back to Stephen enough to join the DAR but I
                          >>haven't
                          >>
                          >>.
                          >>
                          >>If we do find a male descendant from James and Rebecca we will get the
                          >>
                          >>answer and if the haplotype is in doubt we could have that man's tested.
                          >>
                          >>I found such a man on GenServ he claimed decadency from James and Rebecca,
                          >>
                          >>I wrote to him, telling him that it might be possible for him to get a
                          >>free
                          >>
                          >>ydna test and described it to him and why we would want it, but I never
                          >>got
                          >>
                          >>a reply .
                          >>
                          >>I have not seen another line which would match up as well as the aJames
                          >>
                          >>Jackson line.
                          >>
                          >>the names Benjamin , Stephen and Robert, who went into SC/NC are those of
                          >>
                          >>their younger sons. Benjamin was born at the proper time to be the father
                          >>
                          >>of my Stephen. It is known that the elder Stephen had a son Stephen and we
                          >>
                          >>knew for years that there were 3 men named Stephen . It all fits so well
                          >>
                          >>that I can't help thinking that is the right line.
                          >>
                          >>The connection with Viking could have been very early while the connection
                          >>
                          >>in England later.
                          >>
                          >>In my Harkey line we have way over 12 generations in Germany, we are
                          >>
                          >>Caucasian.. the haplotype is E2 which is African.
                          >>
                          >>Hope we find someone to test soon.
                          >>
                          >>Mary
                          >>

                          > Please visit the Jackson DNA Project Website at:
                          > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Jackson/
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • red93miata
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 5, 2006
                            --- In Jackson_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Harkey Russell"
                            <maryiola@a...> wrote:

                            > I think finding a "Proven" male Jackson descending from James
                            Jackson and Elizabeth Hallett should be our primary goal.
                            We have gone as far back on paper as we can reaching Benjamin. Only
                            a Y-dna test will tell us if we have reached THEIR Benjamin. At
                            that point, if there is no match we can wipe the slate clean and
                            start looking for some other Jackson family. Surely there are male
                            descendants of a man who had 17 children. Love to all , Mary Russell

                            Pardon me for "jumping in" but I have been following this thread and
                            am now thoroughly confused. I thought you were looking for a male
                            descendant of James Jackson and Rebecca Hallett.
                            My notes have Elizabeth Hallett m. to John Jackson (brother of
                            James).

                            I have complied documentation (but not certain proof) of my descent.
                            I welcome corrections.

                            Ken

                            James Jackson m. Rebecca Hallett had
                            Joseph Jackson m. Mary Ann Robinson had
                            Anna Jackson m. Robert Ayres had
                            Elizabeth Ayres m. Davis Conger had
                            Phoebe Conger m. David Hathaway had
                            Anson Hathaway m. Melissa Beckwith had
                            Fremont Hathaway m. Amanda Lyon had
                            Floss Hathaway m. Dennis Hollenbeck had
                            Ruth Hollenbeck m. Walter Kirch had
                            me
                          • Mary Harkey Russell
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 5, 2006

                              Descendants of James Jackson

                              1 James Jackson 1675 - 1735

                              .. +Rebecca Hallett 1675 - 1730

                              ........ 2 Thomas Jackson 1694 -

                              ............ +Mary Townsend

                              ........ 2 Mary Jackson 1696 -

                              ............ +Nathaniel Townsend

                              ........ *2nd Husband of Mary Jackson:

                              ............ +Jacob Willett 1697 - 1722

                              ........ 2 Sarah Jackson 1697 -

                              ............ +Samuel Clements

                              ........ 2 Rebecca Jackson 1699 -

                              ............ +Sylvanus Seaman

                              ........ 2 John Jackson 1701 - 1772

                              ............ +Sarah Doty 1706 -

                              ........ 2 Charity Jackson 1702 -

                              ............ +John Dengey

                              ........ 2 Elizabeth Jackson 1703 -

                              ............ +Nathaniel Field

                              ........ 2 James Jackson, Jr. 1704 -

                              ............ +Mary Thorne

                              ........ *2nd Wife of James Jackson, Jr.:

                              ............ +Sarah Thorne

                              ........ 2 William Jackson,1 1705 - 1706

                              ........ 2 Hannah Jackson 1706 -

                              ............ +John Hicks

                              ........ 2 William Jackson, 2 1707 - 1795

                              ............ +Prudence Smith

                              ........ 2 Martha Jackson 1709 -

                              ............ +William Green

                              ........ 2 Joseph Jackson 1710 - 1769

                              ............ +Margaret Burgess 1728 - 1805

                              ........ *2nd Wife of Joseph Jackson:

                              ............ +Mary Ann Robinson - 1794

                              ........ 2 Richard Jackson 1711 -

                              ............ +Mary Wright

                              ........ 2 Phoebe Jackson 1712 -

                              ............ +Edward Fitz Randolph

                              ........ 2 Robert Jackson 1713 -

                              ............ +Sarah Hewlett

                              ........ 2 Jemima Jackson 1714 -

                              ............ +Henry Hicks

                              ........ 2 Samuel Jackson 1716 -

                              ............ +Sarah Carpenter

                              ........ 2 Stephen Jackson 1717 - 1810

                              ........ 2 Benjamin Jackson 1719 - 1805

                              ............ +Mary Rushing

                              ........ *2nd Wife of Benjamin Jackson:

                              ............ +Amy Paul Powell

                              James Jackson's Brother John Jackson JR. married Elizabeth Hallett.

                              That is what I have on James and Rebecca,  and if it is wrong, I need to check my sources.

                              Meanwhile I am off to California.  I am feeling bad about leaving just as the genealogy lists get going . I'm leaving early tomorrow morning.