Re: [J_D_G_DunnSeminar] Re: Luke/dates/codex

    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2001
      Dear Bob,
      Of course I was only responding to the question asked. And the 'notebook
      hypothesis' does raise the question of codex-like aide memoires and copies from
      earlier than we've usually allowed. But it is also true that papyri form the main
      bulk of our early mss tradition. The trouble is in all this that the objective
      data is all far too late on (when we know that oral tradition had long been
      committed to writing, for whatever reason) to give us much guide to the factors
      which caused the oral tradition to be put into writing. But this too is a
      question I would like to return to in due course. So thanks again for putting it
      to me.
      Jimmy