Re: [J_D_G_DunnSeminar] Q and Alternating Primitivity

    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2001
      Dear Mark,
      I wondered if you would want to push me down that line! The bottom line
      for me is how we best explain the character of the Synoptic tradition in all
      its diversity. Some of it points to literary dependence of a 'common
      source' kind; so I accept the case for a modest Q. Other points to a
      non-literary dependence - oral tradition. Other points to an Evangelist's
      awareness of both. So I don't see that I can dispense with Q yet. Sorry
      about that. But thanks for the dialogue - to be resumed as our paths
      criss-cross in days ahead.
      Jimmy