Leaving Joyner

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2012
      Dear Joyner Family,

      It is with both a heavy heart, and anticipation of new things to come, that I write to tell you that I have accepted the principalship at Creightons Corner Elementary in Loudoun County, VA, a suburb of DC.

      Seven years ago, I never would have dreamed that our school would ascend to the level of prominence to which our parents, students, and staff have taken it. I never would have dreamed that our family would be significantly impacting children and saving lives in Haiti. Most of all, I would never have dreamed that I could be a part of something so special for so long.

      As I have always said, Joyner has never been about me. Joyner has always been about WE and it will continue to be that way because our school drips with the culture of "team".

      I really appreciate all of your support and help over the years. It has really been neat to watch our students push the boundaries of greatness every year and I will miss that so much.

      While I work out my days, I plan to staff Joyner with the excellent teachers our parents have come to expect, assign classes as carefully as we have done in the past, and lay the ground work for a successful year.

      In conclusion, you have given me the happiest seven years of my life and more importantly, you all have given our school a national reputation of excellence that can't be taken away. Though I am leaving, a part of this school will always be with me and I know no matter where I go I'll always be part of the JYJ family.

      All the best,

      Chris L. Knott