Re: Evolution or Creation. Can it be proven which one happened?

  • tik_of_totg
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 13, 2007

        "If natural selection was at work, we would have only one advantageous language with one alphabet."

         I  agree. Consider: Is there really one modern language that man has intentionally created that could be considered a 'work of art'. So how can thousands of complex languages simply evolve for just one species (man)? It makes more sense that a brilliant Creator invented these thousands of languges just as the Bible says. (Gen. 11: 6,7)

          According to language academies, about 3,000 tongues are spoken today throughout the earth. Some are spoken by hundreds of millions of persons, others by fewer than a thousand.

      --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard <anotherpaul2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Consider also the huge differences in language. Different grammar, tonal languages, etc. Then we get to the variety of written language. Right to left. left to right, top to bottom, top to bottom and back to the top, etc.If natural selection was at work, we would have only one advantageous language with one alphabet.
      >
      > tik_of_totg no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Good point, Paul.
      > Kind of along the same line of thought, I wonder if anyone has thought much about how the hundreds of different languages that humans have among themselves play a role in providing evidence against the theory of the evolution of the species?
      > For instance, humans are the only species on earth to use an extensive verbal form of communication. Is it really plausible that in a mere span of thousands of years for us to have evolved hundreds of languages instead of only one?
      > Or isn't it more likely that an intelligent Creator endowed humanity with all of these languages just like the Bible tells us in Genesis?

    • travelingman1352
      Message 71 of 71 , May 7, 2009

        Most astronomers, physicists, and scientists agree that the Big Bang began 13.7 billion years ago. They have tried to probe back in time as far as possible to the very beginning of space-time, but the very laws of science totally break down as one nears the moment of creation (when the universe was but a mere .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 second old.) It was at this extremely narrow point in time when it is believed that the laws of physics for this universe (including the properties of water) was set in stone.

        If the above is true, then it is my opinion that Jehovah's 'point of no return' for this physical universe was at the moment of the Big Bang (an estimated 9 billion years before the Sun and Earth even came into existence). To me, this further illustrates just how much planning and forethought went into the construction of our physical universe.

        I appreciate your comment about how unusual water is! It has been touted as the most bizzare substances in the known universe. And that is a good thing because if it wasn't, life as we know it wouldn't be possible.

        Just one of the strange, but vital facts about water is what you mentioned: It is the only known substance whose solid phase (ice) is less dense than its liquid phase. This is why ice floats in water. The advantage of this strange property is that it has prevented the earth's oceans and lakes from freezing over, since ice forms at the top of these bodies of water instead of at the bottom, which in turn allows it to melt away during the summer. Even some scientists have had to admit that because of the way water is so conducive to life, it was almost as if it was purposely made this unusual way for our benefit. (Which of course we know that it was).

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water