Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] Evolution or Creation. Can it be proven which one happened?

    Message 1 of 71 , Jul 13, 2007
      I suspect from the following expression that it was a bit longer.

      (Genesis 2:23) 23 Then the man said: “This is at last bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken.”

      Not exactly something one would expect Adam to say after just a few hours. After all how did he even know what a woman was or that one would be coming along? He was a bit busy familiarizing himself with being alive, talking to GOD and naming the animals, etc.

      "A.J. Duff" <therubicon@...> wrote:
      Why couldn't it have been six literal days

      He is God after all?

      This 7 days being seven ages, or seven periods of time, that's never set well with me, I just take the bible as it is, and I think God could easily done six days i.e..144hrs

      why not?
      Message 71 of 71 , May 7, 2009

        Most astronomers, physicists, and scientists agree that the Big Bang began 13.7 billion years ago. They have tried to probe back in time as far as possible to the very beginning of space-time, but the very laws of science totally break down as one nears the moment of creation (when the universe was but a mere .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 second old.) It was at this extremely narrow point in time when it is believed that the laws of physics for this universe (including the properties of water) was set in stone.

        If the above is true, then it is my opinion that Jehovah's 'point of no return' for this physical universe was at the moment of the Big Bang (an estimated 9 billion years before the Sun and Earth even came into existence). To me, this further illustrates just how much planning and forethought went into the construction of our physical universe.

        I appreciate your comment about how unusual water is! It has been touted as the most bizzare substances in the known universe. And that is a good thing because if it wasn't, life as we know it wouldn't be possible.

        Just one of the strange, but vital facts about water is what you mentioned: It is the only known substance whose solid phase (ice) is less dense than its liquid phase. This is why ice floats in water. The advantage of this strange property is that it has prevented the earth's oceans and lakes from freezing over, since ice forms at the top of these bodies of water instead of at the bottom, which in turn allows it to melt away during the summer. Even some scientists have had to admit that because of the way water is so conducive to life, it was almost as if it was purposely made this unusual way for our benefit. (Which of course we know that it was).

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water