Re: Trinity Q&A

  • tik_of_totg
    Message 1 of 50 , Jul 13, 2007
      Here is a comparison between the phrases, "known me, you would have known the Father also", and "He that has seen me has seen the Father also."In John 14:5-9, Jesus said:

         "If you men had known me, you would have known my Father also; from this moment on you know him and have seen him." And then Jesus also went on to say: "He that has seen me has seen the Father also."

         But because we know that "No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him," (John 1:18), we can see that Jesus was not saying this as though he were claiming to be God.

         Jesus' explanation shows that knowing him meant knowing the Father was so because (not that he was the Father, but) he faithfully represented his Father, spoke the Father's words, and did the Father's works. (Joh 14:10, 11)

      --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard <anotherpaul2001@...> wrote:

      > (John 8:40-44) . . .. 41 YOU do the works of YOUR father." They said to him: "We were not born from fornication; we have one Father, God." 42 Jesus said to them: "If God were YOUR Father, YOU would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth. 43 Why is it YOU do not know what I am speaking? Because YOU cannot listen to my word. 44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. . . .
      >
      > They did not know Jesus' Father at all.
      >

      > travelingman1352 no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > John 8:19:
      >
      > "Then they asked him, "Where is your father?" "You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also."' -New International Version
      >
      > How is this scripture to be explained?

    • phidalgo123
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 17, 2009
        They were obviously seeking ways to simply make Jesus look bad, they all hated him because of him being honest and outspoken.

        7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Mathew 3:7

        33And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, "Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel."

        34But the Pharisees said, "It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons."

        Mathew 9:33,34

        2Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"

        Mark 10:2
        So we see that they used everything Jesus said to disprove him before the people somehow.

        --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Steve Klemetti