Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?

  • stormfire@mailforce.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 4, 2007
      According to Numbers 23:19 God will not lie and as God promised death
      to anyone who ate of the fruit of the tree the death of Eve would have
      resulted and Adam would have been preserved alive. Sin and death would
      have not been passed onto humanity as Romans 5:12 does not attribute
      this to Eve but to Adam. Why is that so? Well that is another question
      of which you probably know the answer.

      --

      stormfire@...

      --
      http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but differentÂ…
    • tik_of_totg
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 5, 2007
        Well said, James.

        I guess it would have to take two to be able to make the kids to pass sin down to.

        --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, stormfire@... wrote:

        > According to Numbers 23:19 God will not lie and as God promised death
        > to anyone who ate of the fruit of the tree the death of Eve would have
        > resulted and Adam would have been preserved alive. Sin and death would
        > have not been passed onto humanity as Romans 5:12 does not attribute
        > this to Eve but to Adam. Why is that so? Well that is another question
        > of which you probably know the answer.
        >

        > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 23:42:20 -0000, "moto_bl" no_reply@yahoogroups.com
        > said:
        > > What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?
      • mark connell
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 5, 2007
          this 1 will blow u Guys away,

          Get up and leave the passing world's regret,
          Be glad and make a moment pass in glee:
          If the world's nature had a hint of fidelity,
          Your turn would not come for you at all,as it didfor others.

          I guess it would have to take two to be able to make the kids to pass sin down to.

          --- In JWquestions- and_answers@ yahoogroups. com, stormfire@.. . wrote:

          > According to Numbers 23:19 God will not lie and as God promised death
          > to anyone who ate of the fruit of the tree the death of Eve would have
          > resulted and Adam would have been preserved alive. Sin and death would
          > have not been passed onto humanity as Romans 5:12 does not attribute
          > this to Eve but to Adam. Why is that so? Well that is another question
          > of which you probably know the answer.
          >

          > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 23:42:20 -0000, "moto_bl" no_reply@yahoogroup s.com
          > said:
          > > What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?

        • travelingman1352
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 6, 2007
            Does anyone know more about the tree of the knowledge of good and bad?
            Wasn't it the disobedience to God that the eating represented that was
            the sin and not any actual powers of the fruit itself?

            If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed, would they eventually have been
            allowed to receive the knowledge of good and bad when they had matured
            enough to handle it? After all, God and all of the angels had the
            knowledge and isn't this knowledge needed in order to find out exactly
            what each person's heart condition is?

            I don't expect everyone to know all of this, but if anyone has some
            insights, I would love to hear them.

            --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, tik_of_totg

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 7, 2007
              Yeah Tik.
              That is for sure. Those two remind me of the big spenders that rob their
              heirs.
              They brought to life and yet caused death.

              On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:15:57 -0000, "tik_of_totg"
              wrote:
              > I guess it would have to take two to be able to make the kids to pass
              > sin down to.
              >

              > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, stormfire@... wrote:
              > >
              > > According to Numbers 23:19 God will not lie and as God promised death
              > > to anyone who ate of the fruit of the tree the death of Eve would have
              > > resulted and Adam would have been preserved alive. Sin and death would
              > > have not been passed onto humanity as Romans 5:12 does not attribute
              > > this to Eve but to Adam. Why is that so? Well that is another question
              > > of which you probably know the answer.
              > >

              > > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 23:42:20 -0000, "moto_bl" no_reply@yahoogroups.com
              > > said:
              > > > What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?

              --

              stormfire@...

            • connell_123
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 8, 2007
                moto_look at my pic's then U will understand if Adam had told Eve "No"?
                --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, moto_bl <no_reply@...>
                wrote:

                > What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?

              • Steve Klemetti
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 9, 2007
                  What if Eve told Adam "No, I have a headache"?

                  connell_123 wrote:
                  > moto_look at my pic's then U will understand if Adam had told Eve "No"?
                  > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, moto_bl <no_reply@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >> What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?
                • A.J. Duff
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 9, 2007
                    Pensive looking face on the Mug-Mug?

                    P.S. the wheel looks on the wrong side on that car I saw in the photo

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 9, 2007
                      We'd have ended this insanity (in) human existence a long time ago, and
                      Frankly the Animals and Mother Earth maybe would be better off, we seem to
                      just muck it all up in pollution, crime, and military strife

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 9, 2007

                        From the ground UUUUU, R Taken, and back 2 the Ground UUUUUUU GO, thats what happens when u lose the

                        plot, all Mugs look the same off the potters wheel.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 9, 2007
                          Some (mugs) have handles, others are handle, some are small others big, some get painted, others are left in a clay like colour.

                          I'm only gonna go back to the ground when a good strong down draft smashes me back there and I'm unable to correct it in due time, until then all my descents shall be controlled

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 10, 2007
                            This could have only happened after their expulsion from the Garden of
                            Eden.
                            Adam would have answered "Its all because of that fruit from the
                            forbidden tree, you never used to have headaches
                            before eating it. I told you not to eat it! Look at what trouble you
                            got us in."
                            Being then both imperfect a brawl would have most likely started.

                            On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:26:51 -0400, "Steve Klemetti"
                            <sklemetti@...> said:
                            > What if Eve told Adam "No, I have a headache"?
                            >
                            > connell_123 wrote:
                            > > moto_look at my pic's then U will understand if Adam had told Eve "No"?
                            > > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, moto_bl <no_reply@...>
                            > > wrote:
                            > >
                            > >> What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?
                            --

                            stormfire@...

                            --
                            http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely differentÂ…
                          • connell_123
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 11, 2007
                              Adam knew the Concequence of the Folly...like a true blue dumb bloke
                              threw his lot in with his Woman...then blames the woman whom God gave
                              2 him, all over red rover, he cooked his Goose well and truely, on
                              the other hand, if both stood there ground, we would not be here how
                              do u like that 1? --- In JWquestions-
                              and_answers@yahoogroups.com, tik_of_totg <no_reply@...> wrote:

                              > Well said, James.
                              >
                              > I guess it would have to take two to be able to make the kids
                              to pass sin down to.

                              > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, stormfire@ wrote:
                              > >
                              > > According to Numbers 23:19 God will not lie and as God promised
                              death
                              > > to anyone who ate of the fruit of the tree the death of Eve would
                              have
                              > > resulted and Adam would have been preserved alive. Sin and death
                              would
                              > > have not been passed onto humanity as Romans 5:12 does not
                              attribute
                              > > this to Eve but to Adam. Why is that so? Well that is another
                              question
                              > > of which you probably know the answer.
                              > >

                              > > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 23:42:20 -0000, "moto_bl"
                              no_reply@yahoogroups.com
                              > > said:
                              > > > What would have happened if Adam had told Eve "No"?

                            • nevada_rose52
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 12, 2007
                                It's funny how some men to this day still blame woman, "It's all your
                                fault, if Eve didn't eat the {the apple, most used phrase}...,we
                                wouldn't be in this situation.!"
                                I think Adam, since he was in charge, could of saved the whole
                                situation. Even after taking the fruit with the woman, he could of
                                asked Jehovah for forgiveness.....,but he didn't.

                                --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, "connell_123"

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 12, 2007
                                  Hi Nevada Rose!

                                  I appreciate it that you said "SOME" men.

                                  But you raise an interesting thought(s): WOULD Adam and Eve been forgiven if they asked it? Also, even though it is not RECORDED that they asked forgiveness, does this mean that they didn't?

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 12, 2007
                                    I think that, just like Satan, a perfect being makes a choice they will not alter in the future. One chance, just as at the end of the 1000 years.

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 12, 2007
                                      My friend, U R 70percent water, the rest elements of the
                                      Earth. Science know we have a gene in common, whether your
                                      black, white, brown , or brindle. So when the potter scrapes up clay
                                      from the ground there is your kindrid-relationship my friend that
                                      inclueds myself.
                                      <therubicon@...> wrote:

                                      > Some (mugs) have handles, others are handle, some are small others
                                      big, some get painted, others are left in a clay like colour.

                                      > I'm only gonna go back to the ground when a good strong down draft
                                      smashes me back there and I'm unable to correct it in due time, until
                                      then all my descents shall be controlled

                                      thats what happens when u lose the

                                      > plot, all Mugs look the same off the potters wheel.
                                      > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, "A.J. Duff"
                                      <therubicon@> wrote:

                                      Why the pensive looking face on the Mug-Mug?
                                    • A.J. Duff
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 12, 2007
                                        only If you've solo'd and Done 3 touch and Go's and had your shirt ripped
                                        off and Some cute things written on it, Can I say you're fully my brother

                                        (just kidding, but pilots I do have an affinity for)
                                        > My friend, U R 70percent water, the rest elements of the
                                        > Earth. Science know we have a gene in common, whether your
                                        > black, white, brown , or brindle. So when the potter scrapes up clay
                                        > from the ground there is your kindrid-relationship my friend that
                                        > inclueds myself.
                                        > - In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, "A.J. Duff"
                                        > <therubicon@...> wrote:
                                        >>
                                        >> Some (mugs) have handles, others are handle, some are small others
                                        > big, some get painted, others are left in a clay like colour.
                                        >>
                                        >> I'm only gonna go back to the ground when a good strong down draft
                                        > smashes me back there and I'm unable to correct it in due time, until
                                        > then all my descents shall be controlled

                                      • Steve Klemetti
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 19, 2007
                                          tik_of_totg wrote:
                                          > Hi Nevada Rose!
                                          >
                                          > I appreciate it that you said "SOME" men.
                                          >
                                          > But you raise an interesting thought(s): WOULD Adam and Eve been
                                          > forgiven if they asked it? Also, even though it is not RECORDED that
                                          > they asked forgiveness, does this mean that they didn't?

                                          How would that have been different if Jehovah had eliminated Adam and
                                          Eve and then created new people?
                                          The result would have been the same. Nothing decided.

                                          What would prevent them from sinning again and continually seeking
                                          forgiveness?

                                          Maybe at that time they had no concept of forgiveness.