Re:

  • TJ
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
      I found the following excerpt, from the the article "Do You Let Jehovah Question You?" in the April 15, 2010 Watchtower, relevant to this discussion:

      "'Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?' (Gen. 18:25) Abraham posed this rhetorical question to Jehovah at the time of God's judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham considered it unthinkable that Jehovah could ever act unjustly - putting the righteous to death with the wicked. Abraham's question reflects his deep faith in Jehovah's righteousness.

      "Today, some may be inclined to speculate about matters regarding Jehovah's future judgments, such as who exactly will survive Armageddon or who will receive a resurrection. Rather than allowing such thoughts to disturb us, we can recall Abraham's question. Knowing Jehovah as a benevolent heavenly Father and having complete confidence in his justice and mercy, as Abraham did, prevents us from wasting time and energy on unnecessary worry, weakening doubt, and useless debate."

      TJ