Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] Another Question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2009
      During the siege of Jerusalem, when Jehovah brought the final judgment on that system, the report indicates that food was so short that some resorted to eating their children. I do not believe it said they killed them, just that they ate them they were so starved. The ultimate rejection of Jehovah and his ways, if you will. Completely abandoned to any moral sense.

      Jehovah did not want them to, it just shows the extremes they would be brought to at that judgment from God.

      --- On Wed, 7/22/09, hb0936 <hb0936@...> wrote:

      In this weeks bible reading of Leviticus 25-27, I noticed something in Lev. 26 verse 29 it says, "So you will have to eat the flesh of your sons, and you will eat the flesh of your daughters." I had never noticed this in there. Does anyone know any background information on this. I know that the chapter is about them walking in opposition to Jehovah and him having to chastise them for their sins. But I can't imagine Jehovah wanting them to literally eat their sons and their daughters, so can anyone shed some light on this?
      Thanks.

    • phidalgo123
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2009
        Wow! I read that sometime ago and I always wondered but I did not pay much attention. Now I want to research this verse a little deeper

        --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard <anotherpaul2001@...> wrote:

        > During the siege of Jerusalem, when Jehovah brought the final judgment on that system, the report indicates that food was so short that some resorted to eating their children. I do not believe it said they killed them, just that they ate them they were so starved. The ultimate rejection of Jehovah and his ways, if you will. Completely abandoned to any moral sense.
        >
        > Jehovah did not want them to, it just shows the extremes they would be brought to at that judgment from God.
        >
        > --- On Wed, 7/22/09, hb0936 <hb0936@...> wrote:
        >

        > In this weeks bible reading of Leviticus 25-27, I noticed something in Lev. 26 verse 29 it says, "So you will have to eat the flesh of your sons, and you will eat the flesh of your daughters." I had never noticed this in there. Does anyone know any background information on this. I know that the chapter is about them walking in opposition to Jehovah and him having to chastise them for their sins. But I can't imagine Jehovah wanting them to literally eat their sons and their daughters, so can anyone shed some light on this?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • hb0936
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2009
          Thanks so much for clarifying that, your answer makes perfect sense.