Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] Need help with a question.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2009
      Hi,

      There are really three categories. This is the simplified version.

      Righteous: Those who have turned to god and repented of their sins and now have given/dedicated their life to Him.

      Unrighteous: Those who have not heard or do not know God and have not rejected Him.

      Wicked: Those who have heard and have rejected God.

      That is why Paul speaks of a "hope"for both the Righteous and Unrighteous but not the wicked. No resurrection is spoken of for the wicked. They get Gehenna from which no resurrection occurs.

      (Acts 24:15) 15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

      That word hope implies something good for the "unrighteous". What is it? A resurrection to life where their past sins are not held over them, rather how they act during that 1000 year reign of Jesus. They benefit from.

      (Revelation 22:1-2) 22 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side [there were] trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees [were] for the curing of the nations.

      They are now judged on:

      (Revelation 20:11-15) 11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha´des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha´des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

      That is not their old deeds but their new ones. God allows a 1000 years for mankind to learn and act on what they learn. That is why at the end of the 1000 years;

      (Revelation 20:7-9) 7 Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Ma´gog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they advanced over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. . . .

      How they respond determines if they are written in the scroll of life or end up in the lake of fire with Satan. That is why the judgment follows Satan's release to try to sway men on earyth at the end of the 1000 years.

      --- On Tue, 7/21/09, hb0936 <hb0936@...> wrote:

      Is there anyone who could help me explain this question.
      We believe that once a person dies that his sins are payed for by his death (wages that sins pays are death). But in John 5:28, 29 it states; "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. Why does it say there will be a judgment of the unrighteous if their sins were payed by death?
      Thank You in advance for any help with this.

    • hb0936
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
        Paul,
        Thank You for such a quick and very easy to understand answer.