Re: Habakkuk 1:12

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 25, 2009

      It certainly would seem unreasonable to believe that the God who is labeled "the King of eternity" (1 Tim. 1:17) and existing "even from everlasting to everlasting" (Ps. 90:2, AS) to have temporarily died 2,000 years ago. But not unreasonable to believe that His son did.

      Because of it's confusing and contrary nature, many proponents today don't even try to understand it and would simply rather label the trinity a "mystery". To me, the real mystery is why it is still such an accepted teaching despite the relative ease to demonstate it's pagan and unscriptural history .

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 25, 2009
        They claim only the "man" (Human Nature not the Divine Nature) died.

        Oops, they also claim that Jesus has to be God because only God could die for our sins.

        Humm, either God can die or no death occurred for our sins.

        Or Jesus is not God and did not need to be God to die for us.

        Neither conclusion is liked by Trinitarians.

        wrote:

        > I wonder how trinitarians (or 'Jesus is God' believers) attempt to
        explain
        > this verse?
        >

        > --- In JWquestions- and_answers@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Leonard
        > anotherpaul2001@ wrote:
        > >
        > > I believe that in the Scribal notes they admit to changing the text
        as
        > they thought it was blasphemous to even suggest the need to say God
        > could not die.

      • ginosko92
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2009
          At the time of his Human Nature's death what ever happened to his God
          nature?? Clearly the Scriptures tell us that Jesus had not gone back to
          his Father yet after his resurrection! So i guess the question is where
          did God go while his Human Nature was gone for 3 days?

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 26, 2009
            They will tell you his God nature went to the angels in prison during those 3 days.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 27, 2009

              Good one! :)