Re: Have Some Animals Always Eaten Meat?

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 18, 2009

      I have been enjoying everyone's input on this subject. It is always fascinating to consider a time so long ago.

      Speaking of dinosaurs, I would like to share an excerpt from an Awake article that I found concerning dinosaurs entitled "When Did They Live?".  I hope that everyone finds it as interesting as I did:

                                                                          When Did They Live?

      "Dinosaurs played a dominant role in life on earth during their age. But then they came to an end. The rock layers containing human fossils consistently occur above those layers containing dinosaur fossils. Because of this, scientists generally conclude that humans came on the earthly scene later.

      "In this regard the book Palaeontology, by James Scott, states: "Even the earliest species of Homo sapiens (man) lived long after the disappearance of the dinosaurs . . . After tilting (through earth movement) has been allowed for, rocks containing fossil men consistently occur above those preserving the bones of the great dinosaur reptiles and it follows that the latter belong to an earlier age than the human remains."

      "In the Red Deer River valley, there is a layer of sedimentary rock that contains dinosaur bones. Just above this, there is a purplish-brown layer that follows the contour of the hillside. On top of the purplish-brown layer is a layer of brownish siltstone containing fossils of subtropical ferns, indicating a hot climate. Above this, there are several layers of coal. Farther up the hillside are coarser-grained layers of earth. There are no dinosaur bones in any of the higher layers.

      "The book A Vanished World: The Dinosaurs of Western Canada states that "all of the 11 major kinds of dinosaurs . . . ceased to exist in the western interior at about the same time." This, and the fact that human bones have not been found with dinosaur bones, is why most scientists conclude that the Age of Dinosaurs ended before humans came on the scene.

      "However, it should be noted that there are some who say that dinosaur bones and human bones are not found together because dinosaurs did not live in areas of human habitation. Such differing views demonstrate that the fossil record does not yield its secrets so easily and that no one on earth today really knows all the answers." - Awake 2/8/90 "Discovering `The Great Reptiles' of the Past" pp.7-11

      --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Debralyn Potter <dickenspollyarnie@...> wrote:

      > You are very welcome. Also my age old question where did dinosaurs go? The flood!
      >

      > ________________________________

    • teddy_trueblood
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 18, 2009
        There is more evidence that dinosaurs died out before man came to be.
        For example, the fossil record shows that no large mammals existed at
        the same time the dinosaurs did. There are none in the undisturbed
        lower layer of fossils where the dinosaurs are found.

        Furthermore, the 'bones' of dinosaurs have been buried so long that they
        have been completely replaced by minerals. Whereas many mammal bones,
        including many long extinct species such as the wooly mammoth, are often
        found to be the actual bone (and sometimes other tissue) of the
        animal/person. In other words the large mammal fossils haven't been
        buried long enough for complete mineralization to take effect.

        --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, moto_bl <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        > western interior at about the same time." This, and the fact that
        human
        > bones have not been found with dinosaur bones, is why most scientists
        > conclude that the Age of Dinosaurs ended before humans came on the
        > scene.
        >
        > "However, it should be noted that there are some who say that dinosaur
        > bones and human bones are not found together because dinosaurs did not
        > live in areas of human habitation. Such differing views demonstrate
        that
        > the fossil record does not yield its secrets so easily and that no one
        > on earth today really knows all the answers." - Awake 2/8/90
        > "Discovering `The Great Reptiles' of the Past" pp.7-11
        >

        > --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Debralyn Potter
        > dickenspollyarnie@ wrote:
        > >
        > > You are very welcome. Also my age old question where did dinosaurs

      • Debralyn Potter
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 19, 2009
          That is sooo interesting!  Well somehow I don't believe I would want to live real close to dinosaurs who are more than three floors high lol

          Knowing me I would be incubating the eggs and having pet ones......

          Jehovah is so creative isn't he? love,debilyn