Re: deuteronomy 22:5

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2009

      When this law was given, both men and women wore robes. Yet there was a difference with the style of the robes. It is similar today. There are men's pants and there are women's pants.

      The principle of the law at Deut. 22:5 was for a man to want to look like a man and for a woman to look like a woman.

      But even though the law itself is no longer binding since it is from the Mosaic law and Christians today are no longer under the Mosaic law, the same principle mentioned above still stands today.

      --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, "phidalgo123" <phidalgo123@...> wrote:

      > 5 "No garb of an able-bodied man should be put upon a woman, neither should an able-bodied man wear the mantle of a woman; for anybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah your God.
      >
      > Does that mean we should not wear pants at all? i mean Jehovah never changes his mind on standards.
      >
      > 1 Timothy 2:9,10 says 9 Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, 10 but in the way that befits women professing to reverence God, namely, through good works.
      >
      > Is it wrong to braid your hair too?

    • phidalgo123
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2009
        thanks for all the answers! I've been reading Leviticus and Deuteronomy so I get confused with all this laws you know. Then some of then still applied today so is really interesting to find out.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2009
          Those that still apply do so because they have been repeated in the NT as laws governing Christians.

          We are not under the old Law, including it's preamble the 10 Commandments, though the principles still apply. Jesus emphasized that when he spoke of the two greatest commandments. Those two sum up the principles of the entire law to Israel. Love God and Love your neighbor.

          --- On Tue, 6/9/09, phidalgo123 <phidalgo123@...> wrote