Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] What are the "Nations" in the prophecy at Rev. 20:1-3?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2009
      Remember the word "nations" does not simply mean a clearly defined Country as in the United "Nations".

      Consider some of the meanings.

      1484 e;qnoj ethnos {eth'-nos}
      Meaning:  1) a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together 1a) a company, troop, swarm 2) a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus 2a) the human race 3) a race, nation, people group 4) in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles 5) Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians
      Origin:  probably from 1486; TDNT - 2:364,201; n n
      Usage:  AV - Gentiles 93, nation 64, heathen 5, people 2; 164

      The prophecy in Rev. 20:1-3 says that Satan is to be let loose for "a short time" as soon as Christ's Thousand Year Reign is ended and that he will lead rebellious persons in another attack upon God's sovereignty. This includes "deceiving (or misleading) the nations" at that time.

      My question is, if we will be one unified Earth with no national boundaries after Armageddon and only one kingdom (God's Kingdom) will be set up for us, (Dan. 2:44), then what does it mean that there will be "nations" existing after Armageddon?

    • betsyrains
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
        Wow!

        Thanks, Teddy and Paul!

        --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009

          Forwarded message from Kim on 2-15-09:

          Goodmorning Betsy,

          I am willing to try to explain it to the best of my ability and I hope
          I help.

          You said below that "as soon as Christ's Thousand Year Reign is ended
          Satan is let loose for a short time. He will lead rebellious persons
          in another attack upon God's sovreignty. Including deceiving or
          misleading the nations." This is how the Insight On The Scriptures
          vol. 2 explains it.

          'The Devil, having experienced the defeat of all of his agents and
          instruments, is himself bound for the thousand years of Christ's
          reign. At the end of the thousand years the Devil is temporarily
          loosed, then, together with all tose joining his attack on "the camp
          of the holy ones and the beloved city." he is completely annihilated.
          (Re. 19:11-20:10)

          Remember, this testing period that Satan brings about is because
          mankind must be tested in a perfected state. All Satan's original
          demons(fallen Angels) are gone. As hard as it is to believe not all,
          despite what they have witnessed at Armageddon and receiving blessing
          during the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, is going to want to live
          under Jehovah's authority. That is where the term fits, 'He will lead
          rebellious persons". Perhaps that is how the term Nations is meant.
          They are not living under Jehovah's authority and are as the nations
          were. Some are going to have the disposition still, 'My way or no
          way!' How pittiful for them. Following this final attack Satan is
          completely destroyed and those who have sided with them. They have no
          further hope of a resurrection. Jesus then turns everything back to
          his fathher, Jehovah is everything to everyone. With a perfect mind,
          sound and without any type of inherited flaw, mankind has made it's
          choice.

          I hope I have helped.
          Kim