Re: What are the "Nations" in the prophecy at Rev. 20:1-3?

  • teddy_trueblood
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2009

      "Since other texts show that the Millennial Rule of Christ brings an end to national rule and divisions (Da 2:44; 7:13, 14), it would appear that such "nations" are the product of rebellion against his earth-wide dominion. They advance "over the breadth of the earth" to encircle "the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city." This comes after the Millennial Rule over earth by Christ Jesus has reached its completion.¬óRe 20:2, 3, 7-9." - p. 981, Insight, Vol.1.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2009
        Remember the word "nations" does not simply mean a clearly defined Country as in the United "Nations".

        Consider some of the meanings.

        1484 e;qnoj ethnos {eth'-nos}
        Meaning:  1) a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together 1a) a company, troop, swarm 2) a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus 2a) the human race 3) a race, nation, people group 4) in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles 5) Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians
        Origin:  probably from 1486; TDNT - 2:364,201; n n
        Usage:  AV - Gentiles 93, nation 64, heathen 5, people 2; 164

        The prophecy in Rev. 20:1-3 says that Satan is to be let loose for "a short time" as soon as Christ's Thousand Year Reign is ended and that he will lead rebellious persons in another attack upon God's sovereignty. This includes "deceiving (or misleading) the nations" at that time.

        My question is, if we will be one unified Earth with no national boundaries after Armageddon and only one kingdom (God's Kingdom) will be set up for us, (Dan. 2:44), then what does it mean that there will be "nations" existing after Armageddon?

      • betsyrains
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
          Wow!

          Thanks, Teddy and Paul!

          --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009

            Forwarded message from Kim on 2-15-09:

            Goodmorning Betsy,

            I am willing to try to explain it to the best of my ability and I hope
            I help.

            You said below that "as soon as Christ's Thousand Year Reign is ended
            Satan is let loose for a short time. He will lead rebellious persons
            in another attack upon God's sovreignty. Including deceiving or
            misleading the nations." This is how the Insight On The Scriptures
            vol. 2 explains it.

            'The Devil, having experienced the defeat of all of his agents and
            instruments, is himself bound for the thousand years of Christ's
            reign. At the end of the thousand years the Devil is temporarily
            loosed, then, together with all tose joining his attack on "the camp
            of the holy ones and the beloved city." he is completely annihilated.
            (Re. 19:11-20:10)

            Remember, this testing period that Satan brings about is because
            mankind must be tested in a perfected state. All Satan's original
            demons(fallen Angels) are gone. As hard as it is to believe not all,
            despite what they have witnessed at Armageddon and receiving blessing
            during the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, is going to want to live
            under Jehovah's authority. That is where the term fits, 'He will lead
            rebellious persons". Perhaps that is how the term Nations is meant.
            They are not living under Jehovah's authority and are as the nations
            were. Some are going to have the disposition still, 'My way or no
            way!' How pittiful for them. Following this final attack Satan is
            completely destroyed and those who have sided with them. They have no
            further hope of a resurrection. Jesus then turns everything back to
            his fathher, Jehovah is everything to everyone. With a perfect mind,
            sound and without any type of inherited flaw, mankind has made it's
            choice.

            I hope I have helped.
            Kim