Re: Question

  • teddy_trueblood
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 1, 2008
      "If there is only one archangel, why does the word "an" appear before the word "archangel" in this verse implying that there is more than one?"

      The Greek word used at 1 Thess. 4:16 in the NT text is in the Genitive case.  This means that even if there is no article ('the') with it, it can still be understood to be definite ('the archangel').

      That is why The NRSV has "with the archangel's call" and The Revised English Bible has "the archangel's voice is heard" and the New Jerusalem Bible has "At the signal given by the voice of the Archangel".

      We can also see that the New American Bible words it as "with the voice of an archangel".

      Message 90 of 90 , Oct 11, 2010

        Does anyone know a brother who is an attorney in Australia, preferably, though it is not critical, in Sydney? I have some business papers I need drawn up.

        I also need an attorney in England if anyone knows of a brother there.

        Does anyone know a brother who is an attorney in Australia?

        I need one for sd