Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] The fruit of the Spirit

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2008
      The use of against gives the idea of restrictions. The fruits are not to be restricted in any way, for any purpose. We should abound in such fruits, not try to restrict them.

      What does it mean in Galatians Chapter 5 where it says that against the fruit of the Spirit..."there is no law"?

      22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.
    • Steve Klemetti
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2008
        No one is going to say not to love or have joy, or peace etc.