Re: [JWquestions-and_answers] All Capitals in JW Bible and other Bibles

    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2008
      They are for use when the word is a plural. You as in, all of YOU.

      teddy_trueblood <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Why does the JW study Bible (the 'New World Translation' ) sometimes use all capitals for certain words (most often 'YOU' and 'YOUR')?
      The only time I have seen all capitals for a word in most other Bibles has been for 'LORD.'

    • Steve Klemetti
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2008
        teddy_trueblood wrote:

        > Why does the JW study Bible (the 'New World Translation') sometimes
        > use all capitals for certain words (most often 'YOU' and 'YOUR')?
        >
        > The only time I have seen all capitals for a word in most other
        > Bibles has been for 'LORD.'

        All caps means it is plural.
      • teddy_trueblood
        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2008
          In other words, the NWT's 'YOU,' 'YOUR,' and 'YOURS' should correspond
          to the KJV (and other Bibles using Elizabethan English) use of 'ye,'
          'you,' 'your,' and 'yours.'

          And the NWT's 'you,' your,' and 'yours' should correspond to the KJV
          (etc.) use of 'thou,' 'thee,' 'thy,' and 'thine.'

          --- In JWquestions-and_answers@yahoogroups.com, Steve Klemetti

          Message 4 of 5 , May 24, 2008
            Yep