Rapture

  • public_message
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 9 10:59 AM

      Who are the ones that will be `caught up in the clouds,' as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:17?

      Verse 15 explains that they are faithful ones "who are left until the coming of the Lord," that is, they are still living at the time of Christ's coming. Will they ever die? According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44 (quoted on pages 314, 315), they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death state awaiting Christ's return. They will instantly be "caught up," "in the twinkling of an eye," to be with the Lord.—1 Cor. 15:51, 52, RS; also Revelation 14:13. Reasoning From the Scriptures, p.312, 313

    • public_message
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 9 11:00 AM

        Will Christ appear visibly on a cloud and then take away faithful Christians into the heavens while the world looks on?

        Did Jesus say whether the world would see him again with their physical eyes?

        John 14:19, RS: "Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more, but you [his faithful disciples] will see me; because I live, you will live also." (Compare 1 Timothy 6:16.)

      • public_message
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 10 11:03 AM
          RAPTURE

          Will all faithful Christians be taken miraculously from the earth by the Lord before the great tribulation?

          Matt. 24:21, 22: "Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (This does not say that "the chosen ones" will all have been taken to heaven before the great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh, of surviving that great tribulation on earth.)

          Rev. 7:9, 10, 14, RS: "After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no man could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, `Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!' . . . `These are they who have come out of the great tribulation.'" (To "come out" of something a person must go into it or be in it. So this great multitude must be persons who actually experience the great tribulation and come out of it as survivors.)

        • public_message
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 10 11:04 AM
            Will all true Christians perhaps be taken to heaven after the great tribulation?

            Matt. 5:5, RS: "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

            Ps. 37:29, RS: "The righteous shall possess the land ["earth," Ro, NW], and dwell upon it for ever." (Also verses 10, 11, 34)

            1 Cor. 15:50, RS: "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

          • public_message
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 10 11:04 AM

              Will faithful Christians perhaps be taken to heaven secretly, simply disappearing from the earth without dying?

              Rom. 6:3-5, RS: "Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? . . . For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his." (What occurred in the case of Jesus set the pattern. His disciples as well as others knew he had died. He was not restored to heavenly life until after his death and resurrection.)

              1 Cor. 15:35, 36, 44, RS: "Some one will ask, `How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?' You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body." (So death comes before one receives that spiritual body.)

            • public_message
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 10 11:19 AM

                Will faithful Christians perhaps be taken to heaven secretly, simply disappearing from the earth without dying?

                Rom. 6:3-5, RS: "Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? . . . For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his." (What occurred in the case of Jesus set the pattern. His disciples as well as others knew he had died. He was not restored to heavenly life until after his death and resurrection.)

                1 Cor. 15:35, 36, 44, RS: "Some one will ask, `How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?' You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body." (So death comes before one receives that spiritual body, does it not?)