A great lesson Jesus taught

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2007
      "In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: "Who really is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?" So, calling a young child to him, he set it in their midst and said: "Truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU turn around and become as young children, YOU will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one that is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens; and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me [also]." (Mt. 18:1-5)

      This lesson that Jesus taught really impressed me. A young child can see things for what they are. When we get older, we may make things more complicated than they perhaps really are.  When we get older, we may be more set in our ways. When we get older, we may be less likely to have a fresh perspective on things.

      But most importantly, because a small child does not know as much as an older person, that child is willing to learn. So Jesus was saying that his disciples needed to be humble, as small children are.