RE: [JUGGLING_GA] FW: act

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      We offer two performing opportunities at the AJA Groundhog Day Jugglers
      Festival. The competitions happen at 2 pm Saturday afternoon (that'd be
      2 pm February 2nd this year). You need to pay a dollar to sign up for
      them. Officially, you have four minutes to show your best stuff to a
      panel of completely naive judges. You'll compete for the coveted "Phil",
      one of three trophies awarded to the three acts the judges deem most
      entertaining. The time limit is only notional. Previous winners have
      included Anthony Gatto, John Nations, Pat Mcguire, Jay Gilligan, and
      several other jugglers who have gone on to fame, if not fortune. The
      audience is usually large enough to fill one side of a highschool
      gymnasium's bleachers to overflowing.

      The Midnight Cabaret happens in a theater in Little 5 Points Saturday
      night after the gym closes at 10 pm. The audience is composed of
      jugglers and their Significant Others, with only a smattering of
      civilians usually present. We offer no prizes, but you do get
      everlasting fame & glory and you don't have to pay an entry fee.

      -- Charles Shapiro
      cshapiro@... <mailto:cshapiro@...>
      (Atlanta Jugglers Association Maximum Leader & President for Life)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
        Feb. 2 is the 30th Anniversary of my discharge from the Navy. A special
        edition of thew infamous "Semaphore" routine is requested for the Midnight
        Cabaret.

        SM2 RgFrench