Hugo lodge-life

  • travisbish@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      One guy was snoring was so loud that I would swear to god he had
      three noses. About every 45 minutes he would blow a gasket and go
      quiet. My heart would race as silence filled the lodge.

      "Oh god. He's dead. He inhaled that sleeping bag and he's dead."

      Finally, just as I am reaching for my cell phone to call 911, a
      choking-burping-gasp for life comes gurgling from that side of the
      room. And it begins again...

      After a few hours of this, exhaustion and panic have slowly dropped
      me into a hypnotic trance wherein I am trying in vain to determine
      the content of the snorer's dreams by the tone of his noises. Some
      are loud and abrupt, barking like a monkey-house. Others, wheezy and
      breathy like a nasal lover. Still others seem to ask a question.

      "Snooorrrfffle?"

      Eventually it occurs to me that he is the only one sleeping and the
      rest of us are merely bearing witness to his apnia-marathon. His
      thunder dominated the lodge with an iron fist. Nobody else made a
      peep. At one point, crying, I farted just to break the monotony, but
      he would have none of it and his reprisal was a throaty bellow that
      was terrible to behold. He - the alpha male, we - his tribe of deaf
      followers. Our night is an eternity of minutes metered out by a
      respiratory metronome. Staring at the ceiling, I wonder if the walls
      will hold...

      Trav
    • L Ausel
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
        How true!! I ROTFLOL !!

        If this guy comes next year, how about if the tribe of deaf followers surround
        his sleeping bag, pick him up (he'll never notice), and relocate him to the
        OUTSIDE picnic table?

        Laura
        --- travisbish@... wrote:
        > One guy was snoring was so loud that I would swear to god he had
        > three noses. About every 45 minutes he would blow a gasket and go
        > quiet. My heart would race as silence filled the lodge.
        >
        > "Oh god. He's dead. He inhaled that sleeping bag and he's dead."
        >
        > Finally, just as I am reaching for my cell phone to call 911, a
        > choking-burping-gasp for life comes gurgling from that side of the
        > room. And it begins again...
        >
        > After a few hours of this, exhaustion and panic have slowly dropped
        > me into a hypnotic trance wherein I am trying in vain to determine
        > the content of the snorer's dreams by the tone of his noises. Some
        > are loud and abrupt, barking like a monkey-house. Others, wheezy and
        > breathy like a nasal lover. Still others seem to ask a question.
        >
        > "Snooorrrfffle?"
        >
        > Eventually it occurs to me that he is the only one sleeping and the
        > rest of us are merely bearing witness to his apnia-marathon. His
        > thunder dominated the lodge with an iron fist. Nobody else made a
        > peep. At one point, crying, I farted just to break the monotony, but
        > he would have none of it and his reprisal was a throaty bellow that
        > was terrible to behold. He - the alpha male, we - his tribe of deaf
        > followers. Our night is an eternity of minutes metered out by a
        > respiratory metronome. Staring at the ceiling, I wonder if the walls
        > will hold...
        >
        > Trav

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • LOVEuinCHAINS (bob)
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          Travis,

          Was that you on the other side of the room? I was just messin with you
          man, LOL. Man, I slept good.

          Bob

          >One guy was snoring was so loud that I would swear to god he had
          >three noses. About every 45 minutes he would blow a gasket and go
          >quiet. My heart would race as silence filled the lodge.
          >
          >"Oh god. He's dead. He inhaled that sleeping bag and he's dead."
          >
          >Finally, just as I am reaching for my cell phone to call 911, a
          >choking-burping-gasp for life comes gurgling from that side of the
          >room. And it begins again...
          >
          >After a few hours of this, exhaustion and panic have slowly dropped
          >me into a hypnotic trance wherein I am trying in vain to determine
          >the content of the snorer's dreams by the tone of his noises. Some
          >are loud and abrupt, barking like a monkey-house. Others, wheezy and
          >breathy like a nasal lover. Still others seem to ask a question.
          >
          >"Snooorrrfffle?"
          >
          >Eventually it occurs to me that he is the only one sleeping and the
          >rest of us are merely bearing witness to his apnia-marathon. His
          >thunder dominated the lodge with an iron fist. Nobody else made a
          >peep. At one point, crying, I farted just to break the monotony, but
          >he would have none of it and his reprisal was a throaty bellow that
          >was terrible to behold. He - the alpha male, we - his tribe of deaf
          >followers. Our night is an eternity of minutes metered out by a
          >respiratory metronome. Staring at the ceiling, I wonder if the walls
          >will hold...
          >
          >Trav

        • Rick Purtee
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2001
            Hey All,
            While you where suffering through the snoring problems, L-J and myself where
            enjoying one of the largest regional Festivals around, the Portland Juggling
            Festival. One very good time was had by all (about 250 showed). The Saturday
            night public show rivived the IJA public show, including Jason Garfield as
            the closing act (guy may be a big time jerk but he CAN juggle). I found out
            later that they get there vary nice faucity (2 gyms and 2 handball courts)at
            Reed Collage, for free so they put money into the performers for the show. I
            ran a workshop in large group club passing, I figured the I had enough
            experance after running the club passing school to pull it off, things
            seemed to have gone well, everybody said they had fun. We ran into Andreas
            there, he is doing well and misses everyone, he has had a hard time finding
            a group in San Jose (lots of jugglers, but no one has time to make it to
            regurlar meetings).

            This was the second week of, as one guy I met put it, the west coast
            juggling triple crown. Last weekend was the Lopez Island festival, this is
            basically a big camp out at an old hippy commun on one of the San Jaun
            Islands. About 80 jugglers where there camping out and about another 120
            people showed for the salmon cook out and nude fire juggling show on
            Saturday night (Yes, that is correct there where people, about 20 of them,
            with nothing on performing with torches). This coming weekend is the Lodi
            Juggling Festival, which is to many miles (about 750) to drive and I have be
            unable to find cheap enough air fair so I think we are going to miss that
            one.

            Just thought you might like to know whats happening on the other coast.
            Hope to see everyone at Groundhog day. (I have a record to up hold, even if
            I am not sure I would like to admit I have been juggling for 25 years)

            Rick Purtee
          • David Groth
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
              Rick-

              Your workshop was a great one. Perhaps you'd do it in CDA next summer?
              Sorry we didn't get to pass more.

              David Groth