IJA financial problems

  • joyce@juggler.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 1999
      It appears that the IJA is dying a very slow and painful death. The board of directors voted over a month ago to terminate the life member program. They never notified anyone, just quietly decided to kill those 276 memberships and take over the funds remaining. The bottom line is that they likely have major financial losses this year because their new magazine Juggle has cost them way more than they could afford and they have nowhere to get the money except from the life member fund. Read all about it at http://www.juggle.org/discussion/index.html
    • LOVEu inCHAINS
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 1999
        You would think they would still let the life members attend the conventions
        for free (I think they are cutting their own throats by angering the life
        members)? I have always felt the conventions were overpriced (and they are
        always having money problems... the money is going somewhere). I've been
        thinking for a while that I want to go to the summer fest's only from now on
        (they are conveniently located, and [I think] reasonably priced).

        Chicago-Bob