Atlanta BrainStorm!

  • Jordan D. Rose
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2001
      I am looking for a juggler or two for the Atlanta BrainStorm! Brain
      Awareness Fair at SciTrek from 12-5pm on Saturday, March 24th. The
      BrainStorm! is a public education information fair with several fun and
      interactive booths like:

      Games/Worksheets/Coloring books about the brain
      Hold A Real Brain
      Record Your Own Brain Waves (electroencephalograms)
      BioFeedback (play hands-free video games - your brain is the controller)
      Brain Imaging & MRI Simulation
      Helmets & Brain Safety
      Neural Network: make your own pipe cleaner neurons and attach them to your
      peers'
      Optical Illusions and Altered Perception (prism goggles)
      several booths on Vision and Touch
      How Humans Hear (an 8th grader's school project)
      Step In the Shoes of a Parkinson's Patient
      Strokes & Brain Plumbing
      Brain Jeopardy
      Your Brain on Drugs
      Animal Brains
      Fooling the Brain (Magic!)
      Motor Coordination (Juggling!)
      Tourette Syndrome - talk with a 15 yr. old boy who has it
      Spina Bifida - see an 8th grader's school project
      Emory Alzheimer's Disease Center

      This gig does not pay, but only requires a little teaching and a little
      showing off. You will be part of a booth on "Motor Coordination" and you
      will demonstrate a little hand-eye coordination and procedural learning
      (the kind of learning that involves sequential events that if performed
      enough times, can become almost automatic). You will have a trifold
      poster nearby explaining such things... You may have someone to help
      explain the neuroscience behind what you are doing to visitors, but then
      again, we are pretty understaffed... It's very informal, and people will
      be wandering in and out of your area. Please call Jordan at work:
      404-712-9242, or on my cell: 678-595-1444.

      At the very least, please come join us - it's fun for all ages and free to
      the first 500 who reply to Jordan Rose at (404) 712-9242 or
      jrose@....

      For more information on our other Brain Awareness Month events, please
      visit our website at http://www.cbn-atl.org/BAM

      Jordan D. Rose, Internship and Outreach Coordinator
      Center for Behavioral Neuroscience
      1399 S. Oxford Road
      Atlanta, GA 30322
      phone.404.712.9242
      fax.404.727.9702
      http://www.cbn-atl.org/BAM

      BRAIN QUOTE OF THE MONTH:

      If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple
      we couldn't.

      Lyall Watson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2001
        Oh man, I am _so_ there!

        -- CHS

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2001
          Mee too

          Bob

          >From: Charles Shapiro <Charles.Shapiro@...>
          >To: "'juggling_GA@yahoogroups.com'" <juggling_GA@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [JUGGLING_GA] Atlanta BrainStorm!
          >Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:02:06 -0500
          >
          >Oh man, I am _so_ there!
          >
          >-- CHS

        • R. Anglin
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2001
            Duh, Me three!
> [...]
            >> > be wandering in and out of your area. Please call Jordan at work:
            >> > 404-712-9242, or on my cell: 678-595-1444.
            >> >
            >> > At the very least, please come join us - it's fun for all ages and free
            >> > the first 500 who reply to Jordan Rose at (404) 712-9242 or
            >> > jrose@....
            >> >
            >> > For more information on our other Brain Awareness Month events, please
            >> > visit our website at http://www.cbn-atl.org/BAM
            >> >
            >> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >> > Jordan D. Rose, Internship and Outreach Coordinator
            >> > Center for Behavioral Neuroscience
            >> > 1399 S. Oxford Road
            >> > Atlanta, GA 30322
            >> > phone.404.712.9242
            >> > fax.404.727.9702
            >> > http://www.cbn-atl.org/BAM
            >> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >> >
            >> > BRAIN QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
            >> >
            >> > If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so

          • Rosa Rainey
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2001

              I'll be there too!

              >From: "R. Anglin"
              >Subject: Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Atlanta BrainStorm!
              >Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:25:56 -0500
              >
              >Duh, Me three!

            • Walter Duncan - Home
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 19, 2001
                Too bad I'm busy mooving this weekend. That sounds like it would be fun....