[JUGGLING_GA] workshop stuff

  • LOVEuinCHAINS (bob)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hey,

      If anyone wants to read over the workshop stuff I made up, please give me
      any comments (I will print out the final copy fri eve). NOTE that the text
      below is really formatted in WORD for printing (but not below).

      bob

      POT LUCK WORKSHOP
      2 PM SUNDAY

      This is called a "Pot Luck Workshop" because one workshop will meld into the
      next (so no one will miss anything). You can do the whole damn thing, or
      keep an eye out until we get to something of interest.

      Because there is a lot of stuff to cover, things will have to move along
      fairly quickly. So, everyone should make contacts and side agreements as
      necessary to get together in impromptu workshops later, after the POT-LUCK
      WORKSHOP has run its course. So in the end, we may end up with several
      workshops. Show up and see what happens.

      WORKSHOP INSTRUCTORS NEEDED:
      This isn't called a "Pot Luck Workshop" for nothing! Just show-up like
      "everyone" else above. When one workshop topic looses its steam, we will
      move on to the next topic. If this is a topic you can lead, go for it (see
      the schedule� the one we will "try" to follow). Hopefully, the more the
      merrier (if we end up with more than one instructor per topic� or we can
      just watch if they fight).

      If you have any questions, you can leave a message at the desk, or ask at
      the desk if there is someone around who is doing the workshop thing.

      WORKSHOP PLAN
      Unless anyone volunteering to lead a WK-shop has something specific in mind�

      Those with the most experience (in whatever the Wk-shop is on) should
      position themselves [roughly] at the head of the class. Those with less
      and less... finesse� at whatever.... should form a loose hierarchical
      association (so the beginners end up on the other end).

      The intent of this hierarchical grouping is to make things more efficient
      (beginners will be together to get beginner oriented teaching as a group,
      and vice-versa for the top dogs). Everyone is encouraged to walk around
      from this home position as they see fit (to teach or to learn). Also,
      almost everyone ends up a teacher as well as a student, as you learn from
      your right, and teach to your left.

      Chicago bob

      WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

      LEARN TO JUGGLE
      BASIC: Balls & Clubs

      BALL TRICKS

      BALL NUMBERS

      BALL BREAKOUT

      CLUBs
      Club Passing

      CLUBs
      Tricks, Numbers, Breakout

      CLUBs
      Club Swinging

      R I N G S
      numbers, tricks, Breakout

      spinning, contact juggling

      diabolos

      yo-yo

      unicycle
      SWINGING STUFF
      Clubs/meteor/staff/etc

      SURPRISE (whoever has anything else)

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        This actually looks way good. Leaving it in text also makes it a lot easier
        to deal with in email. I might reverse the order of precedence (e.g.
        beginners in
        front, better folks in back). That way, if you're bored it is easier to
        split and the folks who really need help are closer to the teacher.

        -- CHS

      • R. Anglin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2001
          Bob,
          Hope the workshops are awesome today. Sorry I couldn't be there, but the
          Real World won't go away! Here's the link for you and anyone interested that
          has really nice animations of some pretty cool patterns.
          http://members.tripod.com/~Colin_E/
          Ron