AJA annual meeting and festival planning

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 25, 2013

      Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day Jugglers Festival planning.

      We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any suggestions are welcome.

      Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year and will increase another 10% in January.

      Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.

      Your AJA officers,
      DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 25, 2013
            I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

            I'll print the registration forms again this year.

            keith

            --

            Keith R. Watson
            keith.watson@...

            On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
            > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
            > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
            > Jugglers Festival planning.
            >
            > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
            > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
            > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
            > suggestions are welcome.
            >
            > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
            > and will increase another 10% in January.
            >
            > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
            > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
            >
            > Your AJA officers,
            > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

          • M&M
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 26, 2013
              I will be out of town on Tuesday.

              MG

              Sent from my iPad

[...]

            • Andy Ford
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 26, 2013
                On 10/26/2013 10:49 PM, M&M wrote:

                I will be out of town on Tuesday.

                MG
                    No soup for you!
                           POTAJA

              • M&M
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 26, 2013
                  I'm in a hotel in Manhattan. I may have just walked past the soup nazi's restaurant today.

                  Meredith

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Oct 26, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Andy Ford <wobble@...> wrote:

                  On 10/26/2013 10:49 PM, M&M wrote:

                  I will be out of town on Tuesday.

                  MG
                      No soup for you!
                             POTAJA

                • Bobs Bs Mail
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 27, 2013
                    Keith, at least you didn't tell 500 people like I did (to the tango dance list) when I went for dick surgery (GODDAMNSPELLCHECKER)..
                    I found out what the email said a few months later when I was recovering.,

                    On Oct 25, 2013, at 5:16 PM, Keith Watson <krwatson@...> wrote:

                    I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

                    I'll print the registration forms again this year.

                    keith

                    --

                    Keith R. Watson
                    keith.watson@...

                    On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
                    > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
                    > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
                    > Jugglers Festival planning.
                    >
                    > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
                    > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
                    > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
                    > suggestions are welcome.
                    >
                    > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
                    > and will increase another 10% in January.
                    >
                    > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
                    > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
                    >
                    > Your AJA officers,
                    > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

                  • Danny Feig-Sandoval
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 28, 2013

                      I can’t make the meeting but as I recall, we don’t charge admission for the general public for the jugglers festival. I suggest at least charging $5.  I am sure this has been discussed and probably determined it better not to do just to get more people out, but I am sure you would still get a huge crowd and people would be willing to pay. Maybe just charge for the competition on Saturday? Just a thought.

                      Danny Feig-Sandoval

                      Owner

                      Small Carpenters At Large, Inc.

                      884 Lake Ave., Atlanta, GA 30307

                      404-688-7665 ph

                      404-688-2840 fx

                      404-791-8497 cell

                      danny@...

                      www.smallcarpenters.com<http://www.smallcarpenters.com>

                      I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

                      I'll print the registration forms again this year.

                      keith

                      --

                      Keith R. Watson
                      keith.watson@...

                      On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
                      > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
                      > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
                      > Jugglers Festival planning.
                      >
                      > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
                      > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
                      > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
                      > suggestions are welcome.
                      >
                      > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
                      > and will increase another 10% in January.
                      >
                      > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
                      > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
                      >
                      > Your AJA officers,
                      > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

                    • Keith Watson
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 28, 2013
                        Bob,

                        That made me laugh. I needed a good laugh.

                        thanks,
                        keith

                        --

                        Keith R. Watson
                        keith.watson@...

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 28, 2013
                          Yeah, "disc" surgery, is close to dick..

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 29, 2013
                            This seems like a good idea,
                            yes There are voluntary donations that bring in something.
                            But I believe five dollars a head Is a damn good deal.
                            I agree with the sentiment to have a free show, but that may be getting harder to pull off with the economic situation..
                            and we will probably have the same crowd within 10%.

                            On Oct 28, 2013, at 8:43 AM, Danny Feig-Sandoval <danny@...> wrote:

                            I can’t make the meeting but as I recall, we don’t charge admission for the general public for the jugglers festival. I suggest at least charging $5.  I am sure this has been discussed and probably determined it better not to do just to get more people out, but I am sure you would still get a huge crowd and people would be willing to pay. Maybe just charge for the competition on Saturday? Just a thought.

                            Danny Feig-Sandoval

                            Owner

                            Small Carpenters At Large, Inc.

                            884 Lake Ave., Atlanta, GA 30307

                            404-688-7665 ph

                            404-688-2840 fx

                            404-791-8497 cell

                            danny@...

                            www.smallcarpenters.com<http://www.smallcarpenters.com>

                            I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

                            I'll print the registration forms again this year.

                            keith

                            --

                            Keith R. Watson
                            keith.watson@...

                            On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
                            > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
                            > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
                            > Jugglers Festival planning.
                            >
                            > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
                            > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
                            > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
                            > suggestions are welcome.
                            >
                            > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
                            > and will increase another 10% in January.
                            >
                            > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
                            > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
                            >
                            > Your AJA officers,
                            > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

                              I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

                              I'll print the registration forms again this year.

                              keith

                              --

                              Keith R. Watson
                              keith.watson@...

                              On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
                              > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
                              > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
                              > Jugglers Festival planning.
                              >
                              > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
                              > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
                              > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
                              > suggestions are welcome.
                              >
                              > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
                              > and will increase another 10% in January.
                              >
                              > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
                              > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
                              >
                              > Your AJA officers,
                              > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

                            • Rick Purtee

                                I had back surgery and won't be able to make the meeting.

                                I'll print the registration forms again this year.

                                keith

                                --

                                Keith R. Watson
                                keith.watson@...

                                On 10/25/2013 13:37, Joyce Howard wrote:
                                > Let's meet next Tuesday, October 29 at our room in the Little Five Points
                                > Community Center for our annual election of officers and Groundhog Day
                                > Jugglers Festival planning.
                                >
                                > We have some challenges this year. We have booked the Yaraab Shrine Center
                                > for Jan. 31, Feb 1-2, but they have increased our rent threefold. We will
                                > have to find some sponsors and/or increase the registration fee. Any
                                > suggestions are welcome.
                                >
                                > Also our room rental at the Community Center has increased 10% this year
                                > and will increase another 10% in January.
                                >
                                > Please come help us brainstorm and plan for the coming year. We need your
                                > input to continue the great traditions of the AJA and Groundhog festival.
                                >
                                > Your AJA officers,
                                > DrewBob, Jay, Joyce and Alan

                              • Danny Feig-Sandoval
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 29, 2013