Twilight Milonga is SAT 12/15.. 8 PM class..

  • LUIC
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      Twilight Milonga
      Atlanta�s only mixed music milonga (tango dance)

      8 PM CLASS
      9 PM TWILIGHT MILONGA
      Yerbe Mate, Wine, Filtered water, chips N Chocolate..Upgraded sound
      system
      See restaurant reviews on the nearby square.

      OUR MUSIC:
      Mixed tango music (90 percent tango music (working on getting up to 50
      percent traditional).. So no matter what you like, you will not have
      to wait long to dance.. A swing, blues, or salsa song about every
      30-40 minutes..

      MAIN:
      www.tangooasis.com

      MUSIC:
      http://www.tangooasis.com/music.html

      PICTURES:
      http://www.tangooasis.com/pictures.html

      EXAMPLE of modern tango dance: ,
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LLuB-wP1cU,

      CLASS:
      All classes are beginner friendly, but all levels are welcome, and you
      do not need a partner.. Practice on your own, or join our class. Shoes
      should be able to pivot on the floor (not be too sticky).. Rotating
      with the class is always optional, but recommended. ,

      Firefly Studio
      1026-C Atlanta Avenue, Decatur, Ga 30030
      MAP: http://fireflystudiodecatur.com/contact.html
      *** This is less than a mile from the Decatur square, with parking at
      the door. Take College Ave (Dekalb Ave, same thing), towards Little 5
      points.. Less than a mile down on the right (look for Thinking Man
      Tavern, at a light, on your right).. Located in a parking lot behind
      the tavern..

      DECATUR FOOD REVIEW:

      The last year or so I have sampled several restaurants around the
      decatur square.. Here is my opinion.. Please share with the group if
      you like a place around the square (email me)..

      I have heard the Iberian pig and the thai place are both good (both
      near CORE) (but havent been to either).. Sweet Melissas is good too
      (hamburgers, etc, normal food at normal prices)..

      JAPANESE:
      http://www.sushiavenuedecatur.com/
      *** Good and affordable.. I had the chicken teriyaki several times,
      and it was great every time, and so was the soup and salad ($10.50)..
      I had a iced green tea that was good too.. Location, next to CORE
      studio on the square..

      http://www.ragingburrito.com/rburrito/
      Everyone else loves it, I didnt.. Lots of beer.. Location, next to
      CORE studio..

      JAPANESE:
      http://www.greengingerdecatur.com/
      PARK at the door.. This place has the best teriyaki IMHO.. More
      expensive than sushi avenue: chicken and shrimp teriyaki was about
      $15, plus $2 for the miso soup.. I usually go here because its damn
      good.. However, I did have bad chicken one time (tasted funny)..
      Located in the big parking lot behind the CVS (as you drive around the
      square)..

      FROZEN YOGURT:
      http://www.froyolo.com/locations.html
      http://www.theyogurttap.com/
      FROYOLO is on the square near the gazebo..
      And I was told yogurt-tap makes their own. Near java monkey coffee
      (church and ponce).. Easier parking than the square..